UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Sandero Stepway, and was restricted to the Ambiance trim for financial reasons. Due to the absence of the MediaNav, I wondered about using my tablet computer (Google Nexus 7) instead. The results, I have to say, are startling! The recess in the top of the dashboard is almost a perfect fit for the tablet to sit on it's own folding cover/stand (could scarcely believe my luck!), and the Bluetooth connection means that I also have all my music (and movie audio when stationary) coming through the car speakers. The position is perfect to glance at and is not obtrusive. I am using the CoPilot sat nav app, which is a paid-for app, but there are free ones available. I have driven around with it like this for a few days now and it hasn't budged once. I just pop it in the glovebox or take it with me when I'm out of the car. It's the complete in-car media solution for me...and I already had it...Perfect!

IMG_20140509_164321.jpg
IMG_20140509_164336.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use copilot on my iphone and i have to say it is good. I also have the live traffic news which is a yearly subscription but invaluable for london driving!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow that's brilliant. I'm so going to try out my Nexus in the recess on the way to work!

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was surprised too, but it really does stay put! Must be down to the size of the recess being just right and the fact that it starts sloping up towards you, stopping the tablet from falling forward. Also maybe there's a little bit of friction provided by the leatherette cover.

Let me know how you get on guys. I've had no problems so far both with motorway and town driving.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got a different case to you, so it doesn't stand up at the right angle in the recess. Might buy a cheap case that will work.

As for apps, I use Navfree, as the name suggests, it's free, and downloads so you don't need a data connection.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My case was just a £7.99 cheapo job from Amazon, but perfect for this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I tried something slightly different first...

Bought a 'non-slip' mat from Sainsburys for £1.50 and cut it to fit the recess. Then turned my case upside down.

No more falling forward!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts