UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're looking at adding another Dacia to the family. The Tce 90 Stepway is the chosen model. Just one issue I can't find the answer to: Driver seat height.

The dealer only had the Laureate model available which does have adjustment on the seat. The wife is only 5' 3" tall and needed the seat on its upper setting.

Now, is the seat in the ambiance model set at the lowest, upper or middle height setting? The brochure has a measurement of 900mm from roof to seat but that isn't much help. Which model is that measurement for?

Any advice please.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
hi wullie....

I'm 5 ft 4.....and even though some of my "friends" will be sniggering by this point.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :ph34r:

I can reach the pedals just fine...and have no trouble with driving George :wub:

I have the seat adjusted at the highest height...and the all-round vision is fantastic....heaps better that my old C4

i could lose lorries in the blind spot of that car....

the Duster doesn't have this issue...

George is an ambience 4x4 as well....and the only thing I have trouble reaching...is the aeriel !!!

hope this helps

DM xx

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
just realised cos I'm stupid...that you were talking stepways....and I'm talking dusters !!!

D'oh....!!!!!

LOL !!!

Wonder if the seat adjustment is the same though???? I don't know???

Someone will...anyway...like I said the height adjustment is fine for me...so hopefully Mrs Ooor will be fine too :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Geraint. I had a chat with a Sandero owner this evening at Aldi & he said his wife (5' 6") had no trouble driving the car. It will be almost three months before we know for sure if the seat height is suitable. At least the dealer said he would refund our deposit if it things didn't work out.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
hi wullie....

I'm 5 ft 4.....and even though some of my "friends" will be sniggering by this point.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :ph34r:

I can reach the pedals just fine...and have no trouble with driving George :wub:

DM xx
I am not sniggering, I am guffawing!!! Mutt, 5ft 2 is nothing to be ashamed of, I have told you a million times not to exaggerate!!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Have you checked to see if they can heighten your wife? They may be able to..... at a stretch.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just go to a Dacia dealer and try it out in one of their cars. Simples!!!!
Wish it was simples. Dealers tend to have only the top models available for test. Had a word with Dacia CS and they have found a dealer fairly local to me who has a customer order coming in shortly. They are happy for us to have a look but no test drive, which is fair enough.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mrs Meths is 4' 11" and drives (when I allow) La Belle Perle without any problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I am 5ft 2 and I have had. Stepway ambience for the past three weeks and I have had no problem with the seat height, can reach pedals with ease. I too had the same worried before picking up mine.

Cath

·
Registered
6 Posts
We're looking at adding another Dacia to the family. The Tce 90 Stepway is the chosen model. Just one issue I can't find the answer to: Driver seat height.

The dealer only had the Laureate model available which does have adjustment on the seat. The wife is only 5' 3" tall and needed the seat on its upper setting.

Now, is the seat in the ambiance model set at the lowest, upper or middle height setting? The brochure has a measurement of 900mm from roof to seat but that isn't much help. Which model is that measurement for?

Any advice please.
set at lowest

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another thing for small people try reaching up to close the boot, the better half at 5.1 needs a step which she keeps in the car

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
i didn't think the Ambiance had a height adjuster...I'll need to re-read the brochure

1 - 20 of 22 Posts