UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced any noises from front drivers wheel? My cars a week old and the only way i can describe it is a rubber graunching noise a bit like a Ill adjusted plastic patio door that rubs when u shut it. Its almost as if the CV boot is rubbing together and is on too tight? Tyres OK brakes OK car running faultlessly. Checked underneath all ok . the CV boot is a firm rubber that's not too pliable compared to ones I have fitted and seems bunched together.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sounds a bit annoying @MattIOW for a 1 week old car it's something you shouldn't expect really.Its a tad concerning for when I get mine. Was your car proberly PDI checked ? If I was you I'd go back to your dealer and tell them to put it right b4 further damage is done by the noise.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not causing a problem just bloody annoying and embarrassing. Its in hardwoods on 28th for mudflap fitment.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Its not causing a problem just bloody annoying and embarrassing. Its in hardwoods on 28th for mudflap fitment.
to be honest tho all that should of been checked on the PDI that's what u pay for when u buy a new car really. Hopefully you will get this repaired when u go back there then.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear u bout pdi but it looks ok . just my experience with cars telling me ways wrong. Lol its summit stupid.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes Keith. Have a lovely set of Michelin wheel trims fitted now and is noise free. How's urs going?
Really REALLY pleased with mine Matt. Had the car one month tomorrow and just filled up (I didn't need to, still had 230 miles left in the tank!). Getting an incredible 61 mpg and you know how awful Island traffic is for slow, stop/start journeys, so that just makes that figure even more amazing.

530 miles on the clock as of today.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Filled mine up twice since I bought it. Once wen I got it and once at end of April. Have done 160 miles since last fill up and still have 3\4 of a tank. My old car would have done well over half a tank by now. (My old ones on wightbay now lol for 2nd time)

·
Registered
173 Posts
In regards to Fuel fills I feel my Sandero is a little bit heavier then my old car, when iv done 585 miles in my car since taking delivery but iv made more one then 2 trips to the petrol station more like weekly for me. But found my old Fiat Stilo with 6 gears would only cost £20 a week in fuel personally it don't do the maths for me I'm a tad disappointed with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
In regards to Fuel fills I feel my Sandero is a little bit heavier then my old car, when iv done 585 miles in my car since taking delivery but iv made more one then 2 trips to the petrol station more like weekly for me. But found my old Fiat Stilo with 6 gears would only cost £20 a week in fuel personally it don't do the maths for me I'm a tad disappointed with it.

I guess yours is a petrol version then Will39? I have the much more economical 1.5dci diesel

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes @Gex it is the petrol version of the Sandero. I would of gone for the 1.5Dci but it had a higher price tag then my pocket could afford. Next time I'll go for diesel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts