UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Duster
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
My Duster (2013) has developed a weird rattle that occurs when the revs are going downwards. Its not gear box related and its not exhaust based. I have had my local mechanic have a look at it and he can’t find the source so . . . Does anyone know a Dacia Duster Guru on the South Coast (Hastings to Brighton coastline) who would be able to have a look (for a fee of course)?
Thanks
David

·
Registered
239 Posts
My 2013 was a diesel, ( why do folk never say what engine they have), it would rattle the air con pipes under the bonnet in their P clips so I bent them gently to load up the clips. It worked.
My 2017 1.2tce duster has an annoying rattle from the dash and the fuse panel is loose and rattles.
Just got to look for it.

·
Registered
2013 Duster
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2013 was a diesel, ( why do folk never say what engine they have), it would rattle the air con pipes under the bonnet in their P clips so I bent them gently to load up the clips. It worked.
My 2017 1.2tce duster has an annoying rattle from the dash and the fuse panel is loose and rattles.
Just got to look for it.
So sorry Bernard - I am an idiot and a new user - its a 2013 duster 1.5 diesel - I wouldn’t have a clue where anything you mentioned is under the bonnet but I will ask my local mechanic if he has checked the items you mentioned - thanks a million.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Mine tends to rattle it's air filter box, it has always done it mostly on idle and when the revs drop and it is up to 71000 miles now, it has the box that sits on top of the diesel engine with the oil filler cap passing thro' it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine tends to rattle it's air filter box, it has always done it mostly on idle and when the revs drop and it is up to 71000 miles now, it has the box that sits on top of the diesel engine with the oil filler cap passing thro' it.
Yes, I packed mine to stop it but can't remember how lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts