UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that Dacia have a new ad for the Duster in Denmark, France and Czech Republic. I thought it was awful the first time I saw it but I gave it another go and it's annoying catchy and therefore does the trick!

It is basically Queen's 'Another One Bites the Dust' but reworded to say 'Another one drives a Duster'. I saw a few teasers online a few weeks back and was intrigued, but now the full 30 second ad is online.

It's fairly slick and they must have splashed a fair bit of money on it. Anyone know if it's coming to the UK? I'm not sure on the external link policy, but look it up on YouTube.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Not seen it but if it works there it's bound to make it over here too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've just seen it... very catchy.

Not the first car maker to use a Queen (actually a Brian May) song for their own ends.... Ford did too many years ago..

Shame most of the cars and vans in this Ford advert have all since pretty much rusted away!

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
They should do ads for the other models as well - can't for the life of me think of a tune incorporating Sandero but they could do an Aerosmith cover for Geraint - Step This Way.....

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
@clikfire

I'm a bit of a Taylor Swift fan so I can just see you doing a little compilation for YouTube, clik - you start with Scrape It Off ( yeah yeah I know it's Shake but you can't really shake rust off - or maybe you could!!) And then you synch into Bad Blood when the war with Dacia CS escalates, and the final shot is when they come to take away your Duster and you sing We Are Never, Ever Getting Back Together.

And to think I was about to tell NSS he should get out more.......

·
Registered
281 Posts
It seems that Dacia have a new ad for the Duster in Denmark, France and Czech Republic. I thought it was awful the first time I saw it but I gave it another go and it's annoying catchy and therefore does the trick!

It is basically Queen's 'Another One Bites the Dust' but reworded to say 'Another one drives a Duster'. I saw a few teasers online a few weeks back and was intrigued, but now the full 30 second ad is online.

It's fairly slick and they must have splashed a fair bit of money on it. Anyone know if it's coming to the UK? I'm not sure on the external link policy, but look it up on YouTube.
Seen it but I think it shows a rear view camera, I didn't think that it was available in the UK? Maybe its the 2016 model due out in March?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Seen it but I think it shows a rear view camera, I didn't think that it was available in the UK? Maybe its the 2016 model due out in March?
More likely it was filmed on the continent, using an LHD car, to be shown there, and then adapted (i.e. flipping the frame, light CGI to return badges etc. to correct way round) for RHD markets.

·
Registered
224 Posts
U.K. Advert:

Euro advert:

I noticed they even went to the expense of "Photoshopping" the UK headlights to the car lol. Plus the reverse camera magically absent from the UK advert.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
U.K. Advert:

Euro advert:

I noticed they even went to the expense of "Photoshopping" the UK headlights to the car lol. Plus the reverse camera magically absent from the UK advert.
But I see they haven't even bothered flipping it to make it appear to be RHD! So there's the answer / missing disclaimer - "*Vehicles shown not necessarily to UK spec"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts