UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The brochure states that all models have the above system. This to me suggests the doors automaticaly lock without you having to lock them (guessing as you drive away, like other cars i have had).

This does not seem to work on my car.

The doors can be locked by pressing the button on the dash but you then have to press it again to unlock the doors before you can open them from the inside.

I thought simply pulling the door latch lever would also unlock a locked door at the same time but this does not happen with my car.

Spoke to the sales guy today and he came back with the suggestion of holding the lock button on the dash down for a few seconds untill it beeped. This would activate the auto lock system. I tried it but got no beep and no change.

Exactly what does Anti Intruder Automatic Door Locking System refer to?

Does anyone have this feature working?

Can you open a locked door from inside your car without pressing the unlock button on the dash?

Any help would be much appreciated.

R.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
The brochure states that all models have the above system. This to me suggests the doors automaticaly lock without you having to lock them (guessing as you drive away, like other cars i have had).

This does not seem to work on my car.

The doors can be locked by pressing the button on the dash but you then have to press it again to unlock the doors before you can open them from the inside.

I thought simply pulling the door latch lever would also unlock a locked door at the same time but this does not happen with my car.

Spoke to the sales guy today and he came back with the suggestion of holding the lock button on the dash down for a few seconds untill it beeped. This would activate the auto lock system. I tried it but got no beep and no change.

Exactly what does Anti Intruder Automatic Door Locking System refer to?

Does anyone have this feature working?

Can you open a locked door from inside your car without pressing the unlock button on the dash?

Any help would be much appreciated.

R.
It works on the sandero and yes you are right it auto locks once the car reaches about 3 mph or so. And unlocks the car with the door handles.

I also had trouble activating it at first and the sales guy is right in what he says to press and hold the switch till it beeps BUT i seem to remember that I had to have the keys in the ignition but can't remember what position i had them in ie IGN on or accessory or even off.

Try various combinations and you will get it I am sure.

Doug

·
Registered
49 Posts
Make sure that your gear lever is in Neutral!!. I had a Mitsubishi years ago and found out that all adjustment's like that had to be done with the gear lever in Neutral for some reason, don`t know if it`s the same with the Dusters but won`t do any harm to try.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Has anyone managed to get this feature working on a duster?

It works on my wife's sandero but the activation button appears to be quite different to the simple rocker switch in the duster.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I cant make anything work on my access.

Agree with Bobbynodosh, if you lock the doors with the switch, you cant actually get out the car without using the switch to unlock them. Have almost broken the inside door handle off several times trying to get out before realising.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My dusty doesn't lock when I drive off but sometimes locks It's self when I leave it unlocked

Sent from my HTC Desire S using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Just been outside and tried mine again, i don't think it has anti intruder automatic door locking.

The sandero certainly does and it works, also it releases when you open a door without pushing a button although the door handle is far easier to open after the button is pushed.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
The duster dose not auto lock on pulling off as far as I can tell. If you lock with button it is locked till you unlock with button (dashboard button that is). If the car is locked and opened with key fob you can open door/boot. If you do not open doors/boot central locking locks again automatically.
Hope this help

Badger Sent from his iPhone using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app. Mariana blue laureate duster 4x2

·
Registered
136 Posts
Locked the doors with the dashboard button & 10 moles down the road the alarm started going off lol then again after 5 min until I used the dash button to unlock the doors

Sent from my HTC Desire S using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
310 Posts
my alarm went off too. engine was running and i pressed the shutdoor button 2 maybe 3 times in a row. i think its a security thing incase simeone is trying to get in car.

try it!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was surprised that our Duster didn't have the usual Renault Anti Intruder Device (RAID) which they've been putting on their cars for years. I recall my second car (X reg Clio) having this fitted so was surprised Dacia hadn't adopted the same on the Duster.

I just assumed it wasn't fitted to ours as there was no release of the locked doors when you pull the handle on the inside.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Forgive me: it's too late (even if I am sleepless) to check what Dacia says, but, as far as I can work out (on my Duster Laur') Dacia's anti-intruder system consists of a manually pressed button to lock all doors. Can't say I'm upset about this. The RAID system (which I looked into before I actually got my Duster) lost me anyway and I live in the UK where traffic-light crime is not yet the norm!!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Forgive me: it's too late (even if I am sleepless) to check what Dacia says, but, as far as I can work out (on my Duster Laur') Dacia's anti-intruder system consists of a manually pressed button to lock all doors. Can't say I'm upset about this. The RAID system (which I looked into before I actually got my Duster) lost me anyway and I live in the UK where traffic-light crime is not yet the norm!!!
Afraid to burst your bubble, it's very common in large cities across the UK, it's even filtering down to smaller cities like Sheffield in which my good lady was a victim of last year, shame we did not realise the Nissan note we had did have this facility but was turned off as standard from when new!!

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Afraid to burst your bubble, it's very common in large cities across the UK, it's even filtering down to smaller cities like Sheffield in which my good lady was a victim of last year, shame we did not realise the Nissan note we had did have this facility but was turned off as standard from when new!!
Oh! Sorry to hear that Bograt' - forgive country bumpkin naivety. What a world we live in! Hope Mrs B has got over the nasty event and has confidence restored, now that you've found the lock-button.

·
Registered
2 Posts
  1. I sell all dacias and I am sad to say I dont even know. It definately has the automatic system but its how to activate is the question. I will get onto technical suppoert and try to come back with an answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
right then everybody.

You have to plug the duster into clip (renault/Dacia dealer Computers) and tell the system you want it on. Then hold the button for 3 seconds until there is a beep. I would imagine that most dacia/renault dealers will do this for you as it is a standard feature.

Hope this helps

Ben

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Once activated the first time does this mean you would have to return to the dealers if you later wanted it turned off, or will it then work like the Sandero's one?

1 - 20 of 142 Posts