UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After using Quackers for a few weeks now I need to apply some preservation orders on her to maintain her good looks. On a 4WD the boot floor is level with the painted metal boot lip, oh so easy just to slide things out ...... only a fool lifts; after all that's the way to a bad back! So it will be only a matter of time before something will scratch that paintwork ..... my pre-emptive solution ..... cover the offending boot lip with some helicopter tape; it works at work on blades so should be fine on Quackers. I'll post some pictures once done :)

Reactions: Bandit and Troute

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Great idea, I'm looking at boot liners with a flap that folds out over the edge when you need it but that's a nice idea for a permanent fix.

·
Registered
571 Posts
After using Quackers for a few weeks now I need to apply some preservation orders on her to maintain her good looks. On a 4WD the boot floor is level with the painted metal boot lip, oh so easy just to slide things out ...... only a fool lifts; after all that's the way to a bad back! So it will be only a matter of time before something will scratch that paintwork ..... my pre-emptive solution ..... cover the offending boot lip with some helicopter tape; it works at work on blades so should be fine on Quackers. I'll post some pictures once done :)
Is it clear tape?

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it's clear

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yes, it's clear
Thanks for the update, my next question.. is it something that is freely available to buy on the web.. or is it something that has been specifically produced for your internal organisational use, if you know what I mean ;) ?

cheers

Tony

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can buy it on the net, Ebay has lots on. It's used on lots of things these days such as bikes to stop cable rub and areas susceptible to stone chips on cars

·
Registered
308 Posts
You could buy a 'Boot Bib', I've used one for some years.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I have being living in Scotland to dip my hand in my pocket when I can get a little tape for free :) I have to also admit I'm sure I would be lazy too and forget to pull a bib out occasionally, for me it's a no brainer

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Well, after nearly a year with the copter tape on I had a good gander at the boot lip, it's held up pretty well but ..... there are raised and low bits on the lip and only the raised bits were protected so there was 2 chip on a low bit. So a quick rummage around the bits box and I found some leftover self-adhesive carpet which was used for Quackers on her other titivations. That's been applied now looks fine and dandy; will see how that holds up .....

DSCF1848.JPG

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts