UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone know the specs for the Antifreeze/Coolant on a phase 2 1.5dCI Duster?

The manual says to contact the dealer, Google is no help at all. I'm reticent to contact my dealer as they don't even know how to replace a tyre.

The Antifreeze/Coolant is an odd colour being fluorescent green verging on bright yellow. I'm guessing it's an OAT fluid?

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Hi All,

Does anyone know the specs for the Antifreeze/Coolant on a phase 2 1.5dCI Duster?

The manual says to contact the dealer, Google is no help at all. I'm reticent to contact my dealer as they don't even know how to replace a tyre.

The Antifreeze/Coolant is an odd colour being fluorescent green verging on bright yellow. I'm guessing it's an OAT fluid?
That is Renault GLACEOL RX Type D. The same as the Stepway 1.5 dCi !! ;)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
For future reference I wouldn't bother too much on Pacific's as anti freeze is anti freeze' most try to match the colour of what's already in the expansion tank but again totally unnecessary. as long as it stops the coolant freezing then job done.

Surprised yours needs topping up so soon

·
Registered
985 Posts
For future reference I wouldn't bother too much on Pacific's as anti freeze is anti freeze' most try to match the colour of what's already in the expansion tank but again totally unnecessary. as long as it stops the coolant freezing then job done.

It was delivered under the minimum level (the dealer is crap). I asked them to top it up and they did...to the minimum mark (the dealer is crap).

It is important NOT to mix the the two types of coolant, hence the reason for asking.

In case you were unsure; I think my dealer is crap.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
It was delivered under the minimum level (the dealer is crap). I asked them to top it up and they did...to the minimum mark (the dealer is crap).

It is important NOT to mix the the two types of coolant, hence the reason for asking.

In case you were unsure; I think my dealer is crap.
I'm sure we have been down this road before on a thread !

I think that the conclusion was that after a few miles of running the level drops as air is expelled from the system. Mine was down to the 'min' level when I noticed it after a few days, topped it up, over a year ago, and it hasn't moved since !!

I just don't like mixing types of anti-freeze ! Plenty of the correct one available on eBay !! Renault Glaxeol RX type D ! ;)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure we have been down this road before on a thread !

I think that the conclusion was that after a few miles of running the level drops as air is expelled from the system. Mine was down to the 'min' level when I noticed it after a few days, topped it up, over a year ago, and it hasn't moved since !!

I just don't like mixing types of anti-freeze ! Plenty of the correct one available on eBay !! Renault Glaxeol RX type D ! ;)
...and thanks to your advice I purchased some from a dealer in East Anglia via eBay a few hours ago. They were very helpful and suggested much the same including attempting to bleed the system to check for an airlock.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My 16 month old Duster had the same problem only showing just above the min mark. Took into the dealership in Northampton and guess what "that's normal" but I made them top it up been ok since.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Why the f==k some dealers got the Francie's to sell cars and tell the customs load crap even simple things on the heater tank minim level and Max level at end day it effects engine cooling system anyway that should be checked on pdi at dealers same as everything else rem the gd garage profile ?????

·
Registered
985 Posts
Why the f==k some dealers got the Francie's to sell cars and tell the customs load crap even simple things on the heater tank minim level and Max level at end day it effects engine cooling system anyway that should be checked on pdi at dealers same as everything else rem the gd garage profile ?????
Agreed. No PDI was done on mine. I was even told that on delivery all they had to do was to give it and wash and vacuum.

The British in the main, do not kick up a fuss. That doesn't bother me. I would encourage everyone who has a problem with their dealer to review them on here. I have; then I have linked in via the dealers own Facebook site and Google+back to here. Oh, I've bubbled them up to Dacia as well for what good it will do. Have a look at my review for the Brighton dealer in East Sussex. http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/page/dacia_dealership_reviews.html/_/east-sussex/

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
All new vehicle from dacia should have pre=delivery inspection checklist 71 pre del check 4 dispatch checks 21dealer workshop checks 6 dealer valeting signature and date that. PDI check list complete deal or keeps top copy pink copy left in car box's to tick by dealer plus road test at dealers

·
Registered
224 Posts
Antifreeze is not just antifreeze, colour is also not always an indicator.
There are three common types available.
1. IAT Inorganic additive technology, old style 2 year type. Can be mixed but reduces 5 year down to 2. Usually blue also comes in green, contains Silicates.

2. OAT Organic additive technology, now more common 5 year. Must not be used in vehicles with copper radiators due to the corrosion inhibitors attacking the lead in soldered joint. Usually pink, also yellow and red.

3. HOAT Hybrid organic additive technology, less common but probably used more in commercials where cast iron is still used. Again not to be used in older vehicles with copper radiators. Colours pink, yellow and green.

As is the case with engine oil, forget all the blurb on the label. Your looking for specifications that match the requirements stated by the manufacturer.

Our cars will be either OAT or HOAT, I've only topped up mine with some distilled water as the small amount of dilution won't affect the antifreeze performance.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts

As is the case with engine oil, forget all the blurb on the label. Your looking for specifications that match the requirements stated by the manufacturer. :p

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All new vehicle from dacia should have pre=delivery inspection checklist 71 pre del check 4 dispatch checks 21dealer workshop checks 6 dealer valeting signature and date that. PDI check list complete deal or keeps top copy pink copy left in car box's to tick by dealer plus road test at dealers
Yes, I got a copy. The dealer section was untouched...probably because the dealer is crap.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
I was given a completed pink PDI sheet, with my 'hand-over' documents ! ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
After some googling it would appear that the coolant in our Dacia's is ethylene glycol based, almost all off the shelf antifreeze in the UK is propylene glycol based, as for mixing I wouldn't bother taking the chance.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
After some googling it would appear that the coolant in our Dacia's is ethylene glycol based, almost all off the shelf antifreeze in the UK is propylene glycol based, as for mixing I wouldn't bother taking the chance.
As is the case with engine oil, forget all the blurb on the label. Your looking for specifications that match the requirements stated by the manufacturer. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts