UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is everthing concerning cars so complicated these days?

Does anybody know which type of coolant I need to top up my 4 cylinder 1.2 (former Renault Clio engine I believe) radiator with please? No guidance in the the handbook!

kind regards,

boydell. :)

·
Registered
985 Posts
Renault GLACEOL RX Type D; available delivered on eBay for the same price as the Wilkos "Suitable for all engines" but offers no specs!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Renault GLACEOL RX Type D; available delivered on eBay for the same price as the Wilkos "Suitable for all engines" but offers no specs!
Many thanks for your reply

widu13

I am sure this info will prove useful not just to me but other forum members in the future.

regards,

boydell.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Why is everthing concerning cars so complicated these days?

Does anybody know which type of coolant I need to top up my 4 cylinder 1.2 (former Renault Clio engine I believe) radiator with please? No guidance in the the handbook!

kind regards,

boydell. :)
It's on the bottom of the first of page of the 3 pages of A4 that you should have been given at hand over ! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
...but it should have been in the manual.
Perhaps it should, but no service info is given in the manual like many modern cars. That's why you are given the Warranty and Service sheet supplement ! ;) .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perhaps it should, but no service info is given in the manual like many modern cars. That's why you are given the Warranty and Service sheet supplement ! ;) .
You are quite right Roger, there it was in the Warranty and Service sheet supplement, thanks for that.

I have done a bit of research on the approved coolant (Glaceol RX type D) and it appears to be the good old fashioned ethylene glycol which I suppose is in keeping with age of the Renault Clio II engine (2001 - 2012) fitted in this car (also the Logan 1.2 petrol). Hope this helps others.

regards,

boydell.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
You are quite right Roger, there it was in the Warranty and Service sheet supplement, thanks for that.

I have done a bit of research on the approved coolant (Glaceol RX type D) and it appears to be the good old fashioned ethylene glycol which I suppose is in keeping with age of the Renault Clio II engine (2001 - 2012) fitted in this car (also the Logan 1.2 petrol). Hope this helps others.

regards,

boydell.
It's a nice pretty colour though !! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts