UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any other Duster owners having issues with water ingress? Most mornings we open ours to find the carpet mats soaking wet. On very cold mornings there's as much ice on the inside of the windscreen as on the outside too. It seems that water is getting in somewhere - possibly round the windscreen if the ice is any indication. Is this a one off or are other owners seeing the same thing?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Are any other Duster owners having issues with water ingress? Most mornings we open ours to find the carpet mats soaking wet. On very cold mornings there's as much ice on the inside of the windscreen as on the outside too. It seems that water is getting in somewhere - possibly round the windscreen if the ice is any indication. Is this a one off or are other owners seeing the same thing?
Get your car back to the dealer pronto and demand an investigation. That could become a serious problem.

When did you take delivery? One of the delays was down to a leak and they had to redo the door seals when they landed. Or did you get an early model.

If this is wide spread this could potentially sink Dacia as a brand in the UK and Ireland so it really is in their best interest to remedy this quickly.

I'd ask for the carpet to be replaced too if it is wets also as this could retain the water and you will have constant condensation in the car. This should not be happening in a brand new car.

There was also an issue with a one way valve/bung in the floor which was put in the wrong way round. Was put in to let water out not in???

Keep us posted as this is a worry to us all. The problem had been discovered after production and we are lead to believe it has been rectified unless yours was just an unlucky one to squeeze through the resealing process.

Hopefully your problem is resolved with out any issues.

Reactions: Bex

·
Registered
44 Posts
No problems so far with water ingress. As IWC said above the seals were checked / replaced on recent deliveries, but if yours was an early delivery may have slipped through - as a known issue definitely return to dealer and get sorted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get your car back to the dealer pronto and demand an investigation. That could become a serious problem.

When did you take delivery? One of the delays was down to a leak and they had to redo the door seals when they landed. Or did you get an early model.

If this is wide spread this could potentially sink Dacia as a brand in the UK and Ireland so it really is in their best interest to remedy this quickly.

I'd ask for the carpet to be replaced too if it is wets also as this could retain the water and you will have constant condensation in the car. This should not be happening in a brand new car.

There was also an issue with a one way valve/bung in the floor which was put in the wrong way round. Was put in to let water out not in???

Keep us posted as this is a worry to us all. The problem had been discovered after production and we are lead to believe it has been rectified unless yours was just an unlucky one to squeeze through the resealing process.

Hopefully your problem is resolved with out any issues.
Delivery was 13 March. Not sure if this qualifies as early but clearly ours slipped through the net if this was (as appears now to be the case) a known issue.

It is already booked into the dealer for rectification and good call re carpet replacement - thanks I'll look into that.

I will post back in this thread when the investigation identifies root cause.

·
Registered
156 Posts
This issue has been worrying me also. I have been assured by Dacia CS that my car was not in the batch affected by the faulty door seal/bung. I pick it up this Friday so here's hoping.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Im due to pick my Duster up this Saturday so will give it a thorough check for any signs of water ingress to the inside , if there is then it wont be coming home with me until it has been fixed.....been in that position before with a clio and ended up play car tennis with the dealer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
No problems with mine , but then I still await it's delivery.
HOWEVER
Can I refer you to many early postings on the thread " Preordered a Duster? "

These stem from a report on the Honest John website ( he of the Daily Telegraph ) in his sub section on the Duster.
I have been in protracted correspondence with Dacia/Renault on this as I wished to establish if the problem had extended from the Indian market to the UK. I have had a response to this and await it's resolution. It may well be that if there is a problem it is only in a few cases.
Have a look at the lengthy response on the preordered thread from " Daciaman "

·
Registered
198 Posts
I see DaciaMan posted on the 28th Feb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see DaciaMan posted on the 28th Feb.
I have now read it. Thanks.

The descriptions of the water ingress in this and related posts match exactly what I am seeing, including some of those YouTube videos from India. I take no comfort from the knowledge that this problem is known to Dacia and that they have reworked vehicles on landing in the UK to correct it. They didn't correct mine - either tried and failed or didn't try at all. Very disappointing.

I have now written to the dealer to remind him that I understand my rights under the Sale of Goods Act and related legislation as the initial rather lacklustre response was "bring it in 8th April for a week and we'll look into it", or words to that effect.

Will post back when there are significant developments.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine was in the second batch which was held up to fit the newer seals. All is OK and today it went through the hand carwash and was blasted round the doors with pressure washers and was fine as a bonus the eastern European guys working there started cheering 'DACIA!' when they saw it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quick update for anyone interested. Although the symptoms of our water leak were similar to those reported last year by Duster owners in India, the root cause of which was badly fitted door seals and/or plugs fitted the wrong way round, the cause of our dampness was different.

In our case, following extensive fault finding by the dealer, the problem was tracked down to a poorly sealed joint in the bulkhead between the engine bay from the passenger compartment. This meant that some water which should have been finding its way through intended drainage routes was in fact finding its way into the passenger compartment behind the dash and then trickling down to fill the footwell. The dealer has resealed the offending joint (see pic).

One person who responded to the original post suggested asking for replacement carpet. I did this but the request was declined - it's only water after all and the carpet has been completely dried :-/

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Drove mine in the rain/snow last night on the way home from work (50+ miles) and (touch wood) no sign of water ingress or dampness either last night or this morning when I drove it to work !!!

Picked mine up 28th March

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well picked up my dacia duster laureate 4 x 2 1.5 diesel had it 3 days.NOT happy as i got water comeing in drivers foot well behind the bonnet pull lever got to wait till monday which has just gone the renault dealer i got it from is waiting to here from dacia about it?as yet dacia havent replied back? i have soaked the car with hose every where NO water came in it appears to be comeing off the wheel when driveing???now to see what happens its a joke a brand new car i was better off keeping my 15 year old banger least it didnt LEAK water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, I had also this water problem with Duster 4x4 diesel. This winter i also got water comeing in my foots (drivers foots) but because this was in winter and outside temperature some -20 degrees the water was almost boiling!!

But despite this "boiling" water the heater of Dacia Duster is very very rudimentary, it is not capable to warm the car cabin when the outside temperature is below -15 degrees!!!

Very bad!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes having the same problem in the passenger foot well. Didn't know about it until the dealer told me the carpet was wet. This happened while it was in having an electrical fault sorted out. The fuse for the back heated window kept blowing. Been told it needs a totally new glass.
I really like the car but I don't think the Indians have the same idea about quality control as the Europeans or Japanese makers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts