UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
the doors on my stepway and on other dacias have a hook over shape to tops of the door and particularly the rears.

the amount of times the top corner of the doors have caught me in the chest and head and its sore as hell.

not a fault, just a very painful observation

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Yup last night to the temple, glasses knocked off, while looking for rust.
I think it was revenge for me picking at it for about half an hour.
Also the doors have a strange violent opening bounce to them if your not on the ball.
Of all the things I've driven, I keep closing the door on my leg.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
This was mentioned last year when they first came out and I have found out by personal experience it only takes one clout to the head to never do it again :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aye the opening bounce gets me. Im tall so it gets me right in the middle of my chest, and im usually moving forward at the same time.
makes me wanna hit things for about 25 seconds while pain subsides

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Must have strong hinges, for about 3 days I was opening them full force until I drummed it into myself.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I have decided to warn people before they enter and alight the vehicle. ESPECIALLY back seat passengers. they hurt like hell...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Funny thing is.........

When I did it, the Mrs thought it was hilarious and told me not to be so clumsy........

When Mrs did it a few weeks later..... she started going on about it being a design fault.................

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Done that, opened back passenger door and it swung back and hit me on the forehead

·
Registered
39 Posts
Done that, opened back passenger door and it swung back and hit me on the forehead

oh my gosh I thought I was the only one!! Happened to me and caught me in the temple!! Ouch

·
Registered
313 Posts
Caught me in the shoulder once on the back door. Threw my 96 year old grandmother onto the floor with the spring-back, and has managed to cut my Mums face twice so far! I am looking at the corner protectors from Ikea to see if I can modify one of them to at least soften the corner..... before I get sued!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I opened the door to let my grandson out, and the back door sprang back and nailed me in the shoulder! Painful isn't the word...... :huh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh I know it's bad but reading this thread has me laughing. Sorry guys I feel your pain but it's funny in hindsight.
I've always driven it and never really got in the back of my stepway so can't comment. The kids don't seem to be tall enough to have encountered any issues... Yet...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Cant understand why anyone would get caught out twice. I'm over 6ft and once you bang your head on something trust me you never get caught out by the same thing again

1 - 20 of 26 Posts