UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Just realised my new car will be a 13 plate :( :eek: :blink: Damn it!!!

Unfortunately I am the superstitious kind and now wonder whether I can delay my purchase for September delivery.

I know some will think i'm just being silly. But thats just how I feel :unsure:

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you feel that strongly about that then another alternative would be to buy private plates from the DVLA website. Would set you back £250 for the cheapest ones though.

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good idea Mark45, I didn't think of that. Now to tempt hubby into spending the extra money

·
Registered
571 Posts
There mayne somethimg to this No13 stuff... how many things have gone wrong with peoples orders and faults found on cars... spooky stuff!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I've heard stories of people holding off ordering because of the '13' plate thing. I'm not superstitious, it's just a number and has absolutely no scientific basis for being any different from any other and I won't worry when my Duster arrives this week, touch wood.......oops! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Juju Beanz

·
Registered
96 Posts
There mayne somethimg to this No13 stuff... how many things have gone wrong with peoples orders and faults found on cars... spooky stuff!!
There have been stories in the press about more people buying 13 plates than 12 plates last year. Best seller is the Ford Fiesta so a 13 plate hasn't put a lot of people off and we are not hearing about things going wrong with other brands.

Maybe this post will jinx me now.

·
Registered
431 Posts
A lot of us ordered in 2012 so if anything 12 is the unlucky number ;)

Not really fussed about the number to be honest, don't think about guys and ye'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Going off on a slight tangent - there are 40 models of the Ford Fiesta that are more expensive than the Ambiance I'm waiting for....... I like that kind of number :)

Reactions: Juju Beanz

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the Stepway has the same delivery problems that the Duster is having currently, I may have nothing to worry about and save myself £250 quid in the process.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nah I'm not too worried about it being a 13. I've had my 666 number plate on a few cars so I'm not superstitious at all! haha

·
Registered
64 Posts
nope - everyone knows it's bad luck to be superstitious.....

Reactions: irishwhiskeychaser

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good News!!

My dealer contacted me today after I left a message for him about my credulous belief :unsure:. And bless him, he told me he doesn't think the Stepway will be arriving til end of August/September time, so not to worry, it will be a 63 plate.

Woooohoooo!!! :D :D :D

I'm excited all over again. :wub:

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have decided to tell myself that the Duster won't arrive till end of the month.. So if turns up sooner it will be a bonus ;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I really want a 13 plate it is our lucky number. Just hope I get one now!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts