UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

wanted the original Duster one but cost prohibitive considering the shipping and VAT from ShopDacia....got this standard trim (chrome) that fits up to 55mm pipe....£12.99...

Anyone done this already? Any snags?

Thanks,

DusterKing

·
Registered
309 Posts
Fitted one on my Duster last year with no problems whatsoever. Only took a few moments. Still looking good.

Reactions: peterjones1960

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I got one of eBay, not had any problems with it. I installed it so the end of it more or less lines up with the original exhaust, so as to not affect the dynamics, sound or DPF recharging.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have looked at doing this on my Sandero and noticed the existing exhaust pipe points downwards rather than being horizintal. So in my case I couldn't fit the straight exhaust trims. I suppose you could fit them but it might strike road humps. So in my case it would have to be angled exhaust trim, which are lot more expensive than the straight trims.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great thanks guys,

I bought it and kept the receipt in case it would not fit/look good and had to take it back and then part with a lot more cash for the original Duster part. If you guys got it on fine then I take your expert word for it and save some cash instead towards some Wind Shields for the windows...;)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
And 6 months on did you fit the Halfrauds one and how is it? Thinking about getting one so I can fit it on the car when it arrives.

Its a bit like buying a set of darts and getting the dartboard after ! :lol:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Took a flyer and ordered (well bid for on Ebay) a Bad Boy Chrome Exhaust Trim , yes I know , ridiculous name !!! :lol:

Its says it fits exhausts up to a 50mm diameter so I am hoping it will be ok .

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Fitted it last night, had to file down one of the screw holes from inside and it now fits very snuggly with just the one bolt to hold it on.
Lets see how it stands the test of time but for under a fiver its worth a go

·
Registered
60 Posts
Scored me one of them from ebay at the weekend for Tonka.
I'll be fitting it quick tomorrow night as the pictured looks quite good!

Just be careful with the halfords ones, a bloke in halfords the other week told me they properly rust if you don't clean them.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
You had a Bad Boy (makes me cringe typing it!!) one the same as mine Specter?
As I say you will need a file if you have had a 50mm one.
Only need one bolt to secure and if you position the bolt at the top you can't see it :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Only need one bolt to secure and if you position the bolt at the top you can't see it :)
Lol, I think we were probably bidding on the same item as I put a few bids onto a bad boy 50mm exhaust on the bay but left it in the end. Sorry if I run your bids up a bit.

In the end I got a rip speed (who is paid to dream up these fecking product names) one which I think fits up to 55mm.

We'll see how well it fits as i swearing in the rain after work tomorrow.

On the plus side, I also got a Garmin nuvi for the duster for thirty quid. Happy days.

·
Registered
230 Posts
We bought a cheap one off ebay and it rusted within 7 days. The guy sent another and the same thing happened again.

Got our money back and haven't bothered buying another. Will be interesting to see how you fair with these bad boys!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Like you say Tipsy , it will be interesting. I have protected mine with a polish so that may help a bit I hope . . . .
Rip Speed sounds a hell of a lot better than Bad Boy Spector! Lol ! There are always a few up for auction so hopefully you ran someone's elses bid up and not mine.
Pop a photo on when it's done mate

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got a stainless steel one, so we'll see how long it will last.

Will do with the pics, as soon as fitted, I'll be well proud.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, you were right, the bay one needed filing to fit. Didn't bother though in the end as on the way back from work, popped into halfords and saw the same make but next size up for a tenner on their reduced table. Fitted straight on.

ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1427528445.089223.jpg

Think I could push the trim back another half inch towards the back box, but I can't be a$$ed right now.

I'll keep the other one and put it on my wife's sandero in the week when she isn't looking. ????

Attachments

1 - 20 of 76 Posts