UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@chris

I have seen the video but it doesn't show much, he just takes it out then stuffs it back in. Not very informative. I guess you have to cut all the wires and reconnect them to the module, not very good if you have to take your car in for a warranty repair on the window mechanism. Can't understand why they don't have a plug and play module.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I posted the video because people didn't seem to know what it was.

I'd find something that closed the windows when I turned the ignition off useful, but the rest of it I can do myself.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Now I know what an OTE is I can comment that the dacia is the first car I have had fitted with electric windows that does not have single touch drop and raise windows. My previous cars have all been fords and Citroens and I really miss it. What I also miss is the ability to raise the windows after the ignition has been switched off. I have lost count the amount of times I have had to put the key back in after realising a window has been left open.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I miss it too.

My last car was a 2008 Fiat Panda and even that had an OTE window on the drivers side. You could also raise both windows for 30 secs after the ignition was switched off.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Was that a self-fit one? I didn't think any Duster models came with it as standard - mine is a 2015 Laureate and doesn't have it.
It's a left hooker. I bet they couldn't be bothered to order use the existing Renault one so we don't get OTO. :angry:

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Was that a self-fit one? I didn't think any Duster models came with it as standard - mine is a 2015 Laureate and doesn't have it.
It came fresh from the dealership that way. I'm not sure what the trim levels are in the UK, but here in Hungary, the top-spec model is called Exception. Mine is called Celebration. It's a special package for the anniversary of Dacia, I think. It came with the same gadgets as the Exception, but is the only model available in cosmos blue. It even came with front seat butt warmers.
It was also, oddly enough, about 120 pounds cheaper than the Exception.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts