UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as I have a white logan Romanian built 6 months old the body work and paint is perfect just wondering if any logan owners have had any problems

·
Registered
1 Posts
No rush so far on body but have a look at hub behind front wheels on mine they seem red rusty.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
I don't expect we will see any premature bodywork corrosion on the Logan MCV. That is a problem that seems only to affect Indian-built Dusters.

You will see rust forming on some steel castings on the underside of the car, as described above on the front hub carriers. These castings have not been painted and do not need to be. The rust on them will never be a problem during the lifetime of the car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I heard they were built in Romania - could be wrong.

No rust here, apart from usual untreated metal which is normal on any car. Driveshafts, hubs, exhaust all have surface rust which is acceptable.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
YOUR LOGAN IS BUILT IN ALGERIA.
WRONG

logan is build in romania

in marocco not algeria (never was algeria)

is build lodgy, dokker, dokker van and since a week or two now 10 percent of romania SANDERO LHD not RHD is moved to marocco

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20131009/ANE/131009858/renault-expands-morocco-plant-to-meet-strong-dacia-demand-in-europe

ALL THE RHD DACIA THAT U GET IN THE UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND , MALTA AND RHD MARKETS COMES FROM ROMANIA

THE ONLY ONE THAT IT IS THE EXCEPTION IS THE DUSTER RHD WHICH COMES FROM INDIA FACTORY

·
Registered
29 Posts
WRONG

logan is build in romania

in marocco not algeria (never was algeria)

is build lodgy, dokker, dokker van and since a week or two now 10 percent of romania SANDERO LHD not RHD is moved to marocco

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20131009/ANE/131009858/renault-expands-morocco-plant-to-meet-strong-dacia-demand-in-europe

ALL THE RHD DACIA THAT U GET IN THE UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND , MALTA AND RHD MARKETS COMES FROM ROMANIA

THE ONLY ONE THAT IT IS THE EXCEPTION IS THE DUSTER RHD WHICH COMES FROM INDIA FACTORY
Renaults experiment with getting cars built in 3rd world countries isn't working.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
@sandero is rusting

1st. my advice to u is when u state something back it up by links and other official proofs

otherwise is just ur opinion

2nd. mind tell us what ford u drive cos if its bmax the new one it will been build in Craiova factory, Romania

i get the strong feeling that its not made in the USA B)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Guys... I potentially MAY have found some rust on my Logan.

The reason I am uncertain is that A. The paint / cavity wax / underseal on my Logan is incredibly messy. I don't know how it is on other cars, but mine looks like its been done by a careless child. This makes it really difficult to identify what I'm actually looking it. B. I didn't buy the spare wheel / jack and I don't want to scuff up the underside with a universal jack just yet so I haven't actually been able to get the car in the air or take the wheels off.

However, tomorrow I will take some photos and stick them on here of what I think may be rust. In the mean time, look at the chassis area around the catalytic converter and an area above the driver side driveshaft, that's where I'm suspecting rust.

My suspicions are based on badly taken photos, I've been sticking my camera under the car and blindly taking several photos as a means of checking for rust.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd be very interested in seeing those pictures. I think I'm going to get the car up on ramps/stands and give the underneath a good brush with wax.

I'm also concerned about the doors, whenever I wind my window down then up after a bit of rain there is moisture on it. I don't want the doors to rust from the inside out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
False alarm! Not sure if I can actually see any chassis rust.

Here are some photos of the underside of my Logan anyway:

http://1drv.ms/1numTKx

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ye of little faith! Leave the rust debate to a handful of duster owners now ;-)

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App
Just saw your Stepway on the official Dacia Facebook page and thought "Hmm where have I seen one with black alloys and custom plate?" :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts