UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will be getting our Du
Damn hit the send button by mistake!! Fat fingers obviously :)

Will be getting our Duster very soon and wanted to know if there are any members on here who have dogs and how they might secure them in the boot area!

We have 2 dogs, the smaller one goes in a crate but the larger just lays in the back. Are there any points you can secure too in the Duster? Can you recommend any attachments for dog to secure point in the car?

Thanks for any help

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Back when I had a Jack Russel she used to sit on my lap and help steer, I'm not sure this is very useful info though :) Usefully I do know that there are indeed load tie down points in the boot, one left and one right about halfway between the rear seat back and the boot lip.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back when I had a Jack Russel she used to sit on my lap and help steer, I'm not sure this is very useful info though :) Usefully I do know that there are indeed load tie down points in the boot, one left and one right about halfway between the rear seat back and the boot lip.
So was Jack R the better driver then! :lol: Thanks for the useful bit of info though!! :)

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
Our St Bernard just lies in the back too,I do wrap his leader around the rear headrest so he doesn't jump straight out when you open the tailgate but he's so chilled out you sometimes have to wake him up to get him out. No fear of him climbing over onto the back seat either, he doesn't fit in the gap between seats and roof!!.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I have to admit to being a bit cavalier (pun intended) about my little dog's safety. She presently sits up front without restraint. Since, more times than not, my rear seats will be folded and the boot will be full, I guess that will continue (with new seat cover suited to side air-bags). However, Aldi recently did a rear seat cover for £6 that attached to both front and rear seat head rests thereby creating a sort of sideways hammock. Probably not what you are looking for, but it is a very nice item with a zip to allow a single rear passenger to put their feet on the floor (always recommended) and an opening for seat belt fixing.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/69549/pb10308-dogs-cats-welfare-060215.pdf

actually they seem to have relaxed wording but please understand if you have a dog loose int he car and it gets hurt or hurts you in a crash then they will get you
Keela and I are going with this statement - "If your dog travels loose in the vehicle, it should not be able to escape through any window. When windows need to be left open, we suggest you use 'window guards' to prevent the animal escaping." Is that not a "get-out" clause? (Pun very much intended :D :D )

·
Registered
756 Posts
TBH I have always had my dogs secured in a cage of dog guard as I don't want a loose missile flying round the car if I had a prang, along side I would not want the dog injured but each to their own, we secure children don't we?

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
TBH I have always had my dogs secured in a cage of dog guard as I don't want a loose missile flying round the car if I had a prang, along side I would not want the dog injured but each to their own, we secure children don't we?
You're right of course - I'll think about a harness.

·
Registered
201 Posts
we have a Jack x Spaniel and use a harness with what looks like a very short lead, which the seat belt passes thro.

He sits in the front quite happily this way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone managed to source either a crate that fits the boot or a tailgate guard? I've tried a couple of places that offer to make bespoke crate/gates to fit but they are darn expensive... crates are coming in at around £400+ but with Dacia providing accessories such as the divider and boot/back seat divider am considering just getting the boot gate instead... but can't source one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts