UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Has anyone else ordered a facelift Romanian Duster?

Ours will be with us Sept 22nd all being well.

Anyone ordered Cinnamon? We changed to mercury silver as I was unsure exactly how cinnamon would look as they had no examples to show the colour.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Went for the Mercury as well (not due until early Nov though). Both the Khaki and Cinnamon colours varied in tone and shade depending on what example picture I looked at. Even worse if you tried to print them out. Both colours seem vaguely similar to what one might find in a baby's nappy, based on the pics I've seen. Hope the real thing looks better. Shame there's no blue offered any more.

Even example swatches don't necessarily help. Colour of the last vehicle we had (baby BMW) didn't look anything like the colour swatch in the showroom.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
i was unsure about the cinnamon....but on my recent holiday to Romania saw loads of the cinnamon colour....

its really nice not "unfortunate" at all.....and i eat my words having said so in the past :rolleyes:

more of a rich chocolatey colour...quite classy in fact

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
i was pretending to "configure my car" the other day.....on the Dacia website.....like you do

anyone else notice...

The ambience Duster.....has lost its body colour bumpers :eek:

and

ALL of the models have lost the chrome "duster" on the tail-gate .....I liked that....

not sure i like silvery silver with black bumpers....it looks wrong....

I can hear the audible gasp from here :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

but the laureatte is out of my price range

I STILL love george :wub: to bits....cos argentum silver is the shiniest....but even that has been replaced with mercury

and its not the same !

Next George :wub: may have to be

"tall ...well all dusters are taller than me......dark..like the black duster....and handsome..cos dusters look cooooool "

:D :lol: :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got a phone call end of last week to say mine is due to arrive at the dealers on Oct 15th. I went for pearl black
Can I ask where you ordered from as my local garage says they can't order them yet?

I want one but they dont seem to want to take an order. it's all a bit fishy to me so if I can say other companies are letting other people are ordering I can get to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ordered a khaki new Duster back in August, expected delivery end of October. Gone for 4x4 laureate with media. I have adventure kit, tow bar and mud flaps already to fit. When I ordered the Duster I didn't even know production had been switched from India to Romania so that to me was a real bonus.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ordered a khaki new Duster back in August, expected delivery end of October. Gone for 4x4 laureate with media. I have adventure kit, tow bar and mud flaps already to fit. When I ordered the Duster I didn't even know production had been switched from India to Romania so that to me was a real bonus.
Did they confirm you will get a facelift Romanian one as I only think they have started taking orders for them in the last week or so?

·
Registered
173 Posts
India never made khaki, I was one of the first to order a new duster after my dealer showed me the press release mid august stating old duster no longer available. Yes definitely new duster, hence delivery end October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Me to. I was there the day they got the e-mail. A Fri morn. Had the option of waiting on the new old model being looked at with no date set. Or get the facelift model mid October. Guess which I went for. Then phoned the dealer every day asking if my order was placed. E.g. allocated a actual car to me. Then to my surprise last week got a phone call telling me that it was ordered and due mid Oct. Can't wait now. Only downside is I will be in Texas on holiday the day my car is due.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just remember it doesn't come with the new headlights so need to order styling pack for DRLs.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Just ordered a Laureate 4x4 in Grey, with Media and protection pack.

I have been told that delivery will be early'ish November.

Good to read that production has been switched to Romania.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't think I will be ordering, the PX value they gave me on my current car was horrendous!

About £1400 below the current Glass price due to the fact I would have to wait until December for delivery. Actual words were they cant predict future car prices? ( so how did they get to my valuation then :))

May look at a nearly new Skoda Yeti now which will be cheaper and give me a better PX of nearly £2K in my favour. :(

Shame really liked the Duster but I refuse to get shafted on PX, they should PX at what they can sell to trade at, at the moment they are looking to make around £1k on my PX to trade £2-3K if they sell it retail.

1 - 20 of 348 Posts