UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has taken delivery of a Sandero Access or Ambiance model yet.

The laureate seems to be hitting these shores albeit very few. Where are the Access and Ambiance models?

I'm waiting for a Sandero Ambiance. What's really annoying, some dealers can deliver within a few weeks if it's a Laurete.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a Sandero 1.2 Ambiance.

Ordered March 2nd, delivered March 18th.

I originally requested a glacier white one, but was told delivery would not be until August.

If I agreed to pay the extra for metallic paint, I could have a sargasso blue one in 2 to 3 weeks.

So that is what I did.

Is that also your problem?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that seems to be the problem, I've ordered the White.

Ordered 1st March, was told April possibly May. Dealer called a couple of weeks ago to say it will now be beginning of June. Dacia website now says end June.

I prefer the white as I will be using it for work... I'm a decorator! Better and cheaper than a van! just need to fit some roof bars.

What's your Ambiance like, are you happy with it? Also what's the radio controls on the stalk, is it just volume controls? It's looks different to the Laureate in photo's

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Sandero Ambiance diesel in sargasso blue

was ordered online on November 8th and delivered on March 30th.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My Access has arrived at the dealers, need to sign some paperwork on Friday. 2 weeks from start to finish. Really impressed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
TCe 90 Ambiance in White, ordered 28th Feb

Good News!!!

Chased up my local dealer today as I've had no update since early March. Told that the car is in the UK and should be available for delivery in the first week in May, told I will be updated in 10 days.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have seen one ambiance in white in Ipswich in the weekend. Had to cancel my order as my old car just died on me on Saturday.

Took the plunge and bought the only Laureate TCe 90 they had in stock. I am going to pick it up on Wednesday.

The dealer is really nice they let me drive one of their courtesy cars until i pick up my new Dacia.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am VERY pleased with my Sandero. Drives well. Uses little petrol. And after 4 weeks and 500+ miles, nothing has gone wrong.

The radio control stalk does more than volume control. You can switch between radio or cd or mp3 or usb if they are connected. It also operates your bluetooth if you are using it.

I am more than happy with my new car.

Yep, that seems to be the problem, I've ordered the White.

Ordered 1st March, was told April possibly May. Dealer called a couple of weeks ago to say it will now be beginning of June. Dacia website now says end June.

I prefer the white as I will be using it for work... I'm a decorator! Better and cheaper than a van! just need to fit some roof bars.

What's your Ambiance like, are you happy with it? Also what's the radio controls on the stalk, is it just volume controls? It's looks different to the Laureate in photo's.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am VERY pleased with my Sandero. Drives well. Uses little petrol. And after 4 weeks and 500+ miles, nothing has gone wrong.

The radio control stalk does more than volume control. You can switch between radio or cd or mp3 or usb if they are connected. It also operates your bluetooth if you are using it.

I am more than happy with my new car.
which engine?

mpg?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Took delivery of my Access yesterday after work, very impressive. It's hooge for a "supermini". I'm finding the "gear change prompt light" a tad annoying but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I really don't need a light to tell me when to change gear.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Took delivery of my Access yesterday after work, very impressive. It's hooge for a "supermini". I'm finding the "gear change prompt light" a tad annoying but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I really don't need a light to tell me when to change gear.
:D I just got delivery of my Laureate 0.9 Yesterday. I dont find the gear change light annoying at all, i barely even notice it. I am loving the car, the only thing i feel strange driving it is the gearbox, feels a bit notchy. 25 miles and getting 40 mpg. Hope i can give it a good ride this weekend.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What's with the notchy gear change reported on the Sandero?

I have a 1.2 Ambiance, and the gear change on mine is nice and smooth and fluid.

Sometimes first thing I have to wait a few seconds before backing off my drive, but that's all.

I noticed most test reviews mention notchy, vague, baulky gear change.

Even the TCe Laureate I test drove (Evans Halshaw - Doncaster) had a smooth gear change.

:D I just got delivery of my Laureate 0.9 Yesterday. I dont find the gear change light annoying at all, i barely even notice it. I am loving the car, the only thing i feel strange driving it is the gearbox, feels a bit notchy. 25 miles and getting 40 mpg. Hope i can give it a good ride this weekend.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What's with the notchy gear change reported on the Sandero?

I have a 1.2 Ambiance, and the gear change on mine is nice and smooth and fluid.

Sometimes first thing I have to wait a few seconds before backing off my drive, but that's all.

I noticed most test reviews mention notchy, vague, baulky gear change.

Even the TCe Laureate I test drove (Evans Halshaw - Doncaster) had a smooth gear change.
It feels notchy. Yesterday my brother in law brought in his 2010 Clio and let me try it after i told him about the notchy gearbox, to my surprise IT IS THE BLOODY SAME GEARBOX in the Clio 2010 :lol:. So it seems to be a normal thing. I prefer the Twingo gearbox, which seems much more responsive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am surprised by the notchy gear change problem.

My Sandero 1.2 Ambiance is smooth and fluid.

My only previous experience with a Renault gearbox was my first car. A 1988 Renault 5 TL 1.1 with a 4 speed manual. Very smooth gear change.

One thought has struck me. Is the gearbox in a Sandero a Nissan unit?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I test drove a Nissan Juke and a Dacia Sandero. I would describe both gearboxes as being 'notchy'. When I go from first to second for example it feels very loose, no feeling in between the gears (linear) until it engages which felt very 'artificial' and last minute. Even though I did not stall the car I thought it was hard to find the biting point at on both cars which does not help.

All very subjective of course and also not sure if it would bother me long-term (maybe I'll tell you if my car comes!).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ordered white ambience tce90 in jan, deliver date 9th April, took delivery on the 13th. Almost one weeks use and its great, the engine as plenty of go.
Would you say the Tce engine is consistent in power? Only reason I ask is according to WhatCar they suggested the tce engine was not consistent ('The other petrol choice is a turbocharged three-cylinder 0.9, which is punchy but has a rather inconsistent power delivery') and it seems they have changed their recommendation ('pick of the range') from a 0.9Tce Ambiance to the 1.2 Ambiance.

Although to be honest I don't hold much weight to car reviews. If you read enough of them like I have, you can see both worlds. One example stands out the most with the Sandero: some say the diesel is perfect, and others say best avoided (the two extremes). That's why I think it's better if you test drive before you buy a car, so you know what it is like.

I just wanted to know if you personally (or anyone else with a Sandero 0.9Tce engine for that matter) have experienced this (inconsistent power delivery) since I did not notice this on my 2 test drives...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts