UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if everyone that has taken delivery has got what they ordered.

By that I mean the brochure spec trim level. There are a couple of posts here now where chrome trim and glove box lights are missing.

It does say on the back of brochures (small print of course) that "Renault UK reserves the right to modify it's models without notice including their characteristics, specifications, equipment and accessories". I get that to some extent, that would apply to lots of things, but how far can they take it?

If I order and pay for something, I would expect to get what I paid for.

Example... You go to pick up your car and told "I'm sorry sir/madam, the specification has now changed. You car no longer comes with an engine".

I bit extreme I know, but you get my drift! :rolleyes: I bet they wouldn't say that Ambiance models now come with Air Con!!

Seriously though, has anyone noticed anything missing they should have?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Only minor but Sandero Access is not pre wired for the rear speakers, only the front........ Don't know if it is supposed to have a glove box & boot light but hey ho...........All in all, I'm happy with what I've got.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just wondered if everyone that has taken delivery has got what they ordered.

By that I mean the brochure spec trim level. There are a couple of posts here now where chrome trim and glove box lights are missing.

It does say on the back of brochures (small print of course) that "Renault UK reserves the right to modify it's models without notice including their characteristics, specifications, equipment and accessories". I get that to some extent, that would apply to lots of things, but how far can they take it?

If I order and pay for something, I would expect to get what I paid for.

Example... You go to pick up your car and told "I'm sorry sir/madam, the specification has now changed. You car no longer comes with an engine".

I bit extreme I know, but you get my drift! :rolleyes: I bet they wouldn't say that Ambiance models now come with Air Con!!

Seriously though, has anyone noticed anything missing they should have?
I have not got the protection pack I ordered. Rest of it seems fine

Dealers says they have it on order but no stock in and wanted me to have the Duster rather than it being sat in their compound waiting for delivery of parts. Makes sense really. I guess when it does get delivered fitting it will be low priority for them.

Better to have the car and wait for the pack rather than not have it and have to borrow one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The glove box light is missing on my Laureate sandero. Another strange thing is that i got the tyre inflating kit but at same time in the side of the boot i get the tools to remove the wheels but no jack to do it...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Only minor but Sandero Access is not pre wired for the rear speakers, only the front........ Don't know if it is supposed to have a glove box & boot light but hey ho...........All in all, I'm happy with what I've got.
The base model comes pre-wired only in the front and no glove box & boot light in EU also. They clearly specify this. Looks like some dealers don't know what they are selling.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The glove box light is missing on my Laureate sandero. Another strange thing is that i got the tyre inflating kit but at same time in the side of the boot i get the tools to remove the wheels but no jack to do it...
Is the jack not on the opposite side of the boot to the wheel brace behind the lights?

·
Registered
118 Posts
My reversing sensors were fitted by my dealer rather than Dacia. There is no visual readout, which I am not bothered about, but the actual sensors are body coloured rather than black.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There is no fitting for a glove box light, or even anywhere obvious where it might go.

I did originally order a spare wheel, but it got 'forgotten' by the dealer. At least I had not paid for it.

Did you order a spare wheel? It should have come with a jack.

A couple of people have mentioned the glove box light, is the fitting actually missing? Don't forget as someone pointed out, it will only come on with the lights.

·
Registered
310 Posts
There is no fitting for a glove box light, or even anywhere obvious where it might go.

I did originally order a spare wheel, but it got 'forgotten' by the dealer. At least I had not paid for it.
You may wish to follow up the spare wheel as it comes in around £250-£300 if not ordered as an optional. Or better still by one off Dougal for £25 & put a tyre on it..............look in the buy & sell section.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

What about the chrome trim around the instrument dials, are they missing also?

(these along with the glovebox light are listed with the Ambiance in the brochure)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Going back to my original post. I see that the Dacia online brochure still include the chrome instrument dial surrounds and boot light on Sandero Ambiance.

Surely there is a case to be taken to the dealer if the Dacia online brochure still lists them in the spec.

So anyone with these missing should speak to their dealer. It's trivial I know but it's the principle. The dashboard looks much smarter with the chrome trim.

After all, it's what you paid for!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I've got the light plasticy bit, but with the engine off the glove box light doesn't come on, am going to phone the dealer and ask him to check it this evening. Thanks for pointing this out Hammerhead, I would never have thought to check :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi Dusterdly & Muttley check it with the cars lights on as I think it will only work that way.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts