UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I thought I would ask the community on my problem.

So my iPhone is connected and I want to press the voice assistant button and ask for a particular song or playlist from my Amazon Music App.

I have been trying various combinations but don't seem to find the magic words.

So if I had a playlist "abba" (I don't but hey) ... how would I get it to play Abba via voice control. Touching the screen is too long handed.
Adding Siri maybe?

Thanks for any help

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

So my iPhone is connected and I want to press the voice assistant button and ask for a particular song or playlist from my Amazon Music App.

So if I had a playlist "abba" (I don't but hey) ... how would I get it to play Abba via voice control. Touching the screen is too long handed.
Adding Siri maybe?

Thanks for any help

Tim
I use the command play abba playlist and it will play, the command play abba will give you abba music but not always your playlist.

I should add I use the default Apple Music not Amazon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply ... Lie you, I can get the Apple music to play but not Amazon music. You cannot set the default music app on Apple (Apple being Apple)
It seems you can open Amazon music with the voice command and use the "Alexa play <abba>" command but haven't tried it yet ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

Adding Siri maybe?

Thanks for any help

Tim
Hi Tim,

I would use the voice command button on the steering wheel and just say "Play ABBA"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mupton

But it says I cannot find ABBA in your Apple Music collection ... basically it isn't using Amazon Music ... frustrating ... Apple being Apple

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Mupton

But it says I cannot find ABBA in your Apple Music collection ... basically it isn't using Amazon Music ... frustrating ... Apple being Apple
Sorry reynot it did not click with me that you were trying to do it with Amazon Music app. Just thought it was standard search and commands. :unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mupton, any help appreciated
I am coming to the conclusion that you cannot voice control Amazon music using Apple Car Play ... what a step backwards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Mupton, any help appreciated
I am coming to the conclusion that you cannot voice control Amazon music using Apple Car Play ... what a step backwards
I tried a test yesterday using voice and spotify and it did work

"Play Abba Spotify"

It prompted me on the display to allow use of Spotify, after allowing access to data use it started playing from Spotify.

Might be worth trying

1 - 8 of 8 Posts