UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know this will be hard but the Duster owners that are having all these rust problems are you happy with the Duster in other ways ie mechanical performance comfort etc obviously in comparison to the price of car thank you all

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
No, the car wheel alignment means the cars pulls to the left all the time (but its ok because dacia specification says so!), the fuel economy is way of that advertised, the feedback through the steering if you hit a lump in the road is shocking, engine / wind noise in cabin is intrusive and in the winter it can take 10 miles plus to get any warmth out of the heater. Price £12.5k if i had spent half this on a used car I would still be disappointed with these product defects.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Clikfire

I don't have steering problems or pulling to the left and it only takes a couple of miles to warm up. All the rest I would agree with. Also if you have electric windows in the rear seats whose idea was it to put them in the middle of the arm rest just where you put your arm down. All my rear passengers open the windows and they all complain.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
The positive for me was driving position because of a lower back problem. I also liked the look of it, the stereo was simple but worked well in my case and could easily fit two large child seats in the back.
Other negatives in addition to the fuel consumption, wind/cabin noise etc was the vibration through the gear stick. I did have a self applying hand break for a few weeks but that was fixed after a couple of visits. Obviously the rust and the dealings with Dacia Customer Services took any of the positives away really.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I must say I'm very happy with my Duster and I have no complaints really. I had a couple of minor niggles initially, both of which were sorted by my dealer to my satisfaction.

Graham

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I'm very pleased with the car. It perhaps remains to be seen if the rust problem is inherent on all or some of the first production run out of India but so far I haven't seen anything to worry me. I've done nearly 26k miles in 17 months and I like the ride, the driving position, the engine - I'm getting just under 50mpg on a mix of driving - and there's plenty of space for people and luggage. No frills on my model but I've never had a car with them so don't know what I'm missing anyway. Having ridden in the rear seats once I'm not sure I'd fancy a long journey sitting there.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Mines great but what about the dashboard when the light is not great going through trees etc. cannot see the speedo. A nice LED light would be alright. I know I can put the lights on but can be a pain.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Other than the rust issue I was very happy with my Duster. If Dacia CS had been at all helpful then I might still have my Duster.

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
ABSOLUTELY. YES!!

Reactions: Duster

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've been very pleased with my Duster Laureate 4x2.
I bought "Chalky" on the 13th of May 2013 and recently did a trip to lake Como for 2 weeks fully loaded with 4 adult's. I managed to average 45mpg for the total trip of 2860 miles.
By the time I get up to Knockhill I will have done 40,000 miles with no problems at all.
Love my Dacia!

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
OK: leave aside the rust for the moment (to note, mine is not really, really bad compared to some others)

And also leave aside the fact that some folk seem unable to judge Fluffy's width (will you please stop scratching/dinking my car you crap drivers or hurried recycling-persons or un-managed school-children with scratchy satchels ?!)

Fluffy the Dust Bunny Duster is great!

Big enough for a gardeners-worth of equipment (I don't do garden waste disposal as well - I'd need a van for that).

Powerful enough for every-day sensible driving.

And I seem to have finally got used to the driver's seat.

Can't think of a better 4WD car to meet my occasional 4WD needs at a reasonable price.

As long as the rust remedials last and as soon as other drivers learn that a Duster is wider than it looks, I shall be happy.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Since I got my Duster I've driven a Clio, a Captur, a Juke and now a Corsa and the Duster is better to drive than any of them.

I used to have an MX5 for years, and I would to drive that for fun, even when I had to go. Then I got a Hyundai Getz, and I only drove that if I needed to go somewhere, then the Duster, and for completely different reasons, I drive that for fun too.

The rust issue has been a big disappointment, but on the whole I do still like the car a lot. Just wish I'd bought one a year later.,

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi all,

here's my honest review having owned "Dustin" for just over a month and having covered just over 2,200 miles in it. Mixture of normal driving and motorways:

1) The new dash is great - I've come from a 2010 BMW 320d Touring company car with SAT NAV (which did not do postcodes and cost £2000!) - leather seats and bluetooth

2) Driving position is very good nearly as comfy as the BMW, and the seats are getting more soft with more time spent in the car

3) Unlike the BMW where you'd feel if you trod on an ant, you don't feel bumps and potholes - horray!!!

4) MediaNav is far better than the BMW supplied piece of shite that cost £2k!!

5) Noise level not as good as the BMW of course, but improved a lot on the previous Dusters with no soundproofing.

6) The only downside to me is the 6th gear ratio - they could have made it more like the 5th and when cruising at 70-80mph would have been a more plentiful ride. Still ok though not complaining and I understand the 4X2 version acts differently.

7) The car pulls nicely and I have no issues with tracking or anything like that - drives superb!

In other words there is little to complain about as far as I am concerned. It is an honest, solid car. If I wanted frills I would have gone elsewhere...my 2 cents!

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I wasn't impressed with the MediaNav in the courtesy cars I've had. It was so slow and tended to tell you to turn just after you'd passed the junction. Maps are not very detailed either. I think most of the manufacturer supplied ones are pretty dire.

I use the Sygic Android app on my phone and 7" tablet which is better than any of the dedicated SatNavs I've tried. There is also an Appstore version

1 - 20 of 77 Posts