UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I took Bugsy to work today for the first time (go on bike most days) and opened the door and as the car park is on a slight sideways slope it went and hit a wall! a slight chip on door edge.

I know its only chip and other people on here have bigger problems but its still annoying though :(

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because of how I was parked and the wall in question its higher up than a bump strip would be, its on the window frame bit

·
Registered
756 Posts
If it makes you feel any better I've shredded the edge of one alloy due to a stupid driver not knowing which side of the road they should be on!!

Can you touch it up?

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
That's such a shame Simon. I have just been to sainsbury's and was watching someone with a supermarket trolley very near my car, they can leave nasty little marks. When I had my astra, I had only had it 3 weeks when someone marked it with a trolley!!

Reactions: Simon sandero

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it makes you feel any better I've shredded the edge of one alloy due to a stupid driver not knowing which side of the road they should be on!!

Can you touch it up?
I believe it can be done professionally but would be quite expensive. But local car shop should have a large range of silvers (I do the carplan range) so a reasonable match could possibly be found, flat the scratch back a bit and touch it up with a small brush (one is supplied with carplan aerosols)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I have a stone ship on my bonnet, a quick dab of black paint and top it off with some magic repair pen and it's as good as new - yeah right, it will do though. Before I even took delivery of my Duster I bought black door edge protecting strips, my drive has a wire fence and I knew I would need it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Tozci, for taking the time to look for repairers in my area... Its such a tiny knick I've dotted it with some bright white paint and its not noticeable just annoying because I known its there, Mrs S had to look twice before she saw it, when I 'fessed' up.... I couldn't even leave it a week then blame her a she doesn't drive (not that I would!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts