UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Independent and long-established Inverness garage and car dealership Ness Motors is in negotiation with Arnold Clark regarding a takeover bid from the giant motor firm.

Arnold Clark, Europe's largest privately owned dealer, with seven outlets in Inverness, would only say this week it was in talks with Ness Motors' chairman Scott Lauder.

Staff received letters from the company earlier this week confirming the move but it is understood a deal had not been agreed by Wednesday evening, with Arnold Clark saying there would be no news yesterday. Ness Motors did not return any calls from The Inverness Courier asking for a comment,

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Arnold-Clark-in-takeover-talks-with-Ness-Motors-30012015.htm

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Another one bites the dust... Shame, it's the small independents that are more likely to care - but they just can't compete with AC's buying power and prices. Not so much of a factor in the case of tight Dacia margins, of course, but relevant where the other marques are concerned.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I've had no experience myself, and I'm sure Arnold Clark have some good branches and staff etc. I actually know for a fact that some fellow forum members have had positively good service, but one of my colleagues at work certainly has had some atrocious service (not actually at a Renault / Dacia branch I may add).

I remember once waiting in the car for my wife to come out of a shop. I was staring aimlessly at the parked car in front, which had an orange and black "ARNOLD CLARK" sticker in the rear window, when it suddenly dawned on me the the sticker did not actually say "ARNOLD CLARK". Someone had taken a blade to cut the sticker and re-arranged the letters. It actually read "ANAL CRAK"!

Graham

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
That's awful news :( Ness Motors was one of the last 'ethical' garages and I doubt AC will continue in the same vein.

·
Registered
288 Posts
As a family, we're now on our third car (my new Duster) in the last few years from three different Arnold Clark branches and I've got to say not one problem with them. Always courteous and helpful, and they do what they say they will when they will. Clann Na Cloiche should't be too worried.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I'd just like ANY dealer in the Aberdeen area, Arnold Clark or whoever. My closest dealer is Mackie Motors in Brechin, who are good, but they're about 40 miles away.

I don't understand why there's no Renault or Dacia dealer in Aberdeen.

Graham

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
That wat I can't understand why there not dealer in Aberdeen there one fraserburgh Elgin Inverness would be hit bet there be big sale in Aberdeen seen quit few stepway up there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts