UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, just got my duster today, quick question, I got the 2x4 with asr, however there is no button to turn it off, should there be? Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think It's only the 4x4 that you can or need to turn it off

Sent from my HTC Desire S using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thankyou, anyone else know, its just there is nothing on the car apart from the paper work to show the extra £400 for lol!!!!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
As per PM, no you can't switch it off on the 4x2, no point having it really if you turn it off, it makes no difference in day to day driving as it only comes into play if you lose traction.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
The ESP can be switched off on the 4x4, not the ASR.
ion' - just to say that the manual (page 2.17) says switching ESP off also switches ASR off! ;) You're then left with off-road ABS mode to stop any spinning wheels.

In passing: I'm still pondering the bit on page 2.13 (of the UK manual) where it says that turning ESP (& ASR) off and having ABS off-road mode working is ".... particularly useful when crossing a bridge."

What bridge was the author thinking of at the time he/she wrote this?? I'd like to see that bridge! :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
there has been a thread about this before. i think i started it when i got my 4x2.

you only know you have it due to the two lights on your speedo when you start up.

you can't turn it off, as its part of the ABS system on the 4x2.

i've had mine kick in only twice pulling out in the wet and off a gravel drive, under hard accelleration.

you notice it a bit as it lowers the power output and breaking, but handeling it works nice. keeps the tracking where it should be.

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
535 Posts
ion' - just to say that the manual (page 2.17) says switching ESP off also switches ASR off! ;) You're then left with off-road ABS mode to stop any spinning wheels.

In passing: I'm still pondering the bit on page 2.13 (of the UK manual) where it says that turning ESP (& ASR) off and having ABS off-road mode working is ".... particularly useful when crossing a bridge."

What bridge was the author thinking of at the time he/she wrote this?? I'd like to see that bridge! :D
Ohh.. so both is the right answer. You can say I was half right. :lol:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
there has been a thread about this before. i think i started it when i got my 4x2.

you only know you have it due to the two lights on your speedo when you start up.

you can't turn it off, as its part of the ABS system on the 4x2.

i've had mine kick in only twice pulling out in the wet and off a gravel drive, under hard accelleration.

you notice it a bit as it lowers the power output and breaking, but handeling it works nice. keeps the tracking where it should be.
Spot on!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got 4x4 and I can't find a button to turn any of it off (not that I want to!)

Duster Laureate 4x4, chrome exhaust, dog guard, bootliner, chrome bumper protector, tow bar, edge speakers. So far so good.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The button to turn it off is just below the radio near the ashtray

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not on mine :(

Duster Laureate 4x4, chrome exhaust, dog guard, bootliner, chrome bumper protector, tow bar, edge speakers. So far so good.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts

Post a photo of your dash Issac.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't seen to be able to at the moment :blink:

·
Registered
136 Posts

then you haven't got it on your car

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
It looks as though I have it fitted as the two lights appear on startup in my speedometer.
I didn't ask for it so it would appear to have become standard.
Any idea how I can check if it is really fitted.
Mine is registered new April 14 Laureate 4x2

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts