UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only just noticed that the asymmetric design of the alloy wheels fitted to the Duster Laureate results in the car itself being asymmetric.

More specifically the wheel spokes above the wheel hub point forwards on the driver's side but backwards on the passenger side.

As a Duster owner myself with a well-documented case of Duster OCD I just would not be able to live with this and wonder how Laureate owners manage to do so.

Another reason I'm glad that the Access is fitted with (symmetric) steel wheels.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you take the wheels off one side then put them on the other side they face the opposite way. Take them all off and lay them on the ground and they are all identical, part of the design I'm afraid!

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speaking of symmetry related OCD......How do you cope with the steering wheel being on one side? Do you have a dummy wheel by the passenger dashboard? Lol
No but I want this off-roader.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/nissan-patrol-with-back-seat-drivers-seat/#photo-1044259/

As you've mentioned steering wheels and asymmetry, it's been driving me mad that, when they fitted a new rotary switch to my steering wheel, it was replaced, I have calculated, one spline off central. Obviously this doesn't affect the steering but I can't stand driving in a straight line for miles, looking at a slightly off centre steering wheel!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I deal with this problem by only looking at one side of my car at a time.

Reactions: rc1977

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
If they were the same on both sides it would suck in air like a fan and turn the Duster onto a hovercraft.

I crossed the channel on Princess Anne once you know.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Didn't know they had stopped doing the crossing (wow 2005). The tunnels pretty good now, that said if I wanted to cross the channel and lived in Scotland I would get on a plane :D

·
Registered
895 Posts
If the weather was OK the Hovercrafts were OK but in bad weather they were damn Bumpy

and for the youngsters in here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts