UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboards I guess). Some of you love your Duster, some of you don't. Let us know what you really think by adding your short review to our Duster owners review page:

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/dacia-car-reviews/dacia-duster-owners-reviews/

It'll only take a couple of minutes at the maximum.

Help another owner decide on their next purchase!

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
17 Posts
Time to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboards I guess). Some of you love your Duster, some of you don't. Let us know what you really think by adding your short review to our Duster owners review page:

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/dacia-car-reviews/dacia-duster-owners-reviews/

It'll only take a couple of minutes at the maximum.

Help another owner decide on their next purchase!

Thanks

Nick
had my Duster since May I got the basic as the car had been registered in December 13so got a very good bargin done almost 15000 a brilliant car

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dacia Duster 2014 (second generation) dci 2 wd 109 hp. First impression little plastic inside but overall good. Really good comfort, heats up nice, heating seats works fast. Handling very good, quick and active steering just like a sporty little thing. Fells "light". Had a Hyundai IX 35 before this and its not worth the extra like 10.000 £. Overall very happy with the car.

Got tinted windows, aluminum wheels, navigation etc etc. Well worth the bucks.

Only thing I've done is a diesel tuning box to get trhat extra umph.

Next upgrade is the speakers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had my Duster Laureate Prime 1.5 dCi since Oct 15. Few minor problems. The first, after 500 miles, was an occasional misfire at around 2100 engine RPM. Checked by dealer but nothing found and not re-occurred since. Next little glitch was the fuel tank gauge, after topping up to full did about 200 miles before gauge started to drop then it dropped in line with mileage. Since found out from other forums that the Laureate is fitted with a 63 litre tank but the gauge is calibrated for 50litres so the first 15 litres or so don't register. The final slightly more serious problem occurred after 1500 miles when the power steering became very heavy during low speed manoeuvres. Took it in for investigation and it was discovered that the PS hydraulic system had not been fully primed and bled during manufacture. Over the first few weeks the air in the system gradually dissipated leaving a very low fluid level. Dealers recharged and bled the PS hydraulic system, checked for leaks and it's now fine. The dealers, Vospers Plymouth, have been very helpful. Just a bit disappointed that the car was released from assembly line with such obvious omission. Still very pleased with Duster though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everybody.

Here's my review. I bought the Duster Laureate 4x2 in March 2013. Done 71,000 miles sofar all good.

Very comfy on long journeys, did about 4500 miles across Europe last summer with the car fully loaded with luggage and people. Great tow car as well.

I do a minimum of 100 miles a day to and from work with no problems until yesterday evening.

The electrical fault light illuminated for a few seconds, then went off. I drove around for a bit but it seemed OK. On the way to work this morning it came on again. I phoned the dealer, they said keep an eye on it as it's due a service shortly. However on the way home there was a puff of white smoke from the exhaust, it coughed for a second or so, and a few minutes later the emission lamp came on.

As it's still under warranty it should be fixed by the dealer ASAP.

Apart from the problem this morning nothig has gone wrong and it is fantastic value for money. I think I'll get a spare one in a few years and keep this one as the family pool car + boat towcar!

K.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Hi
Collected Duster Prime with protection pack and spare wheel beginning of October 2015. So far done about 1600 miles. Engine has loosened up nicely so far. Pleasantly surprised by the comfort and performance of the Duster. Only 2 niggles - there was no override code for the alarm supplied, the dealer got the model and serial number off the alarm ECU and Dacia supplied the code (checked and it works). 2nd niggle - near side rear door lock broke, this was replaced and fitted under warranty. So all good with the dealer so far. Daytime dashboard is too dark so have fitted a HUD for digital speedo and temperature gauge. Had to extend the 6 core cable to reach the odb2 port in the glove box, but it's pretty easy to hide the cable and route it. Also fitted rubber protection over the loading lip in the boot as that was showing signs of paint getting knocked off from occasional trips to the dump. Fingers crossed everything carries on OK.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had my Laureate Prime since October 2015. There was an early issue with power steering but after investigation it was found that the hydraulics had not been full charged and bled.
Now done around 9000 miles and all is good. However the drivers door Inner seal has started to disintegrate by the door lock. Took it in for replacement under warranty but told it was caused by drivers leg scuffing the seal on entry and was not a manufacturing defect. I've argued that it's a material defect if it breaks up so easily. I've checked on this forum and at least one owner has had similar problem but Dacia replaced seal under warranty. Gone back to my local dealer and asked them to query the refusal with Dacia. They have quoted me £70 to replace it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Although I have only had car for a few weeks thought a preliminary review was in order. Researched car before purchase and always took an interest in Dacia when they began being sold in the UK. Read loads of reviews as well but led me to believe car would be somewhat agricultural in appearance and drive. Finally got to the point where I was fed up with regular big bills for my Mercedes VITO and made the change to the Duster. I have the diesel 4x4 Laureate trim with reverse sensors and alarm, 2015 . Pleasantly surprised by comfort which for me is fine, and build quality following expectations left by reading reviews. Once I adjusted to the gear ratios (1st gear ignored) am absolutely happy with the way it drives and handles. I am not a racing driver but not leisurely either and again the Duster exceeds expectations. Could not care less what the dash is made of, it is robust and the two tone construction breaks up the black fine. Gear change is precise and although short gear ratios a lot easier than I am used to, especially the clutch. Noise is not an issue and again preconceptions formed by reviews proved to be wrong, I do wonder what the hell they expect the inside of a car to sound like. The only time they were proved right was increased noise levels at top of front doors over 60.mph, but again perfectly able to chat with my young grandson in the back on the motorway without shouting or struggling to hear him. Boot space is good even with the full size spare, and seems easy enough to extend the load compartment when needed, not likely to though as I already have a Renault Master. Have fitted the rubber seal around the engine bay, exchanged the media nav for an Android unit and replaced the wipers for longer ones .Also had the rear windows tinted for privacy and keeping prying eyes away from any items in the back. Did a trip to Southampton City center from my home in Portsmouth and back this weekend and averaged 49 Mpg door to door, could have got more I think if I had remembered eco button earlier, only on for last quarter of journey, motorway only. So far feel I could not have made a better choice for the money and satisfied I made the right decision. On another note friends and family are all impressed with it, took 3 adults and my grandson out for dinner today and no discernible difference in performance or handling. Hopefully the reviewers will keep up their blinkered assessments and leave the Dacia's as a secret with purchasers, I only hope that Dacia don't go the same way as Skoda, Kia etc and raise prices once fully established.
P.S Why are Audi's exempt from red traffic lights and all released without working indicators?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tried to start my own thread re my new Duster but it would appear I have to be a premium member (I have no intention of doing so).

I'm asked to follow a link here to start a review but clicking on the link leads to a blank page. I am therefore unable to do as asked.

I picked up my Dacia Duster Prestige 4x4 yesterday evening. 4081 miles on the clock on a 66 plate. Came out of the dealers in immaculate condition. I have clearly had it less than 24 hours but I have been not only impressed by its looks but quite surprised at the quality of the interior given it is advertised as a "budget" vehicle.

I though the screen would be a little low for my liking but it's okay. Phone prep was easy enough. Sat Nav appears fine. Cruise control is easy to use with all controls accessible.

Car was bought to be functional. A family of 5 with two dogs. I have ordered the boot liner from the dealer and had ordered the dog guard. However I was made aware that the dog guard is screwed into the interior of the vehicle and can't be removed, this wasn't ideal so I have cancelled it. I have bought a tubular guard from Halfords that fits perfectly well and actually fits with the parcel shelf in place.

My only criticism so far would be the quality of the rear view camera. Having had a rear view camera on my Hyundai the quality of the picture on this one is poor but I can live with that.

I'm sure I will review the car further. It's a shame I have to be a premium member to do so fully.

M...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Are you sure you want a review? After having it over 4 years I'd not recommend to anyone. Its literally falling apart now, the paint is coming off, the trim is coming off, the heater controls have all packed in, squeaks, rattles, terrible fuel figures, rust etc. Most faults created by inept dealers I have to say.

Perversely I'm quite fond of it and might even buy another - but I did once own a Toyota hi-lux

·
Registered
281 Posts
Are you sure you want a review? After having it over 4 years I'd not recommend to anyone. Its literally falling apart now, the paint is coming off, the trim is coming off, the heater controls have all packed in, squeaks, rattles, terrible fuel figures, rust etc. Most faults created by inept dealers I have to say.

Perversely I'm quite fond of it and might even buy another - but I did once own a Toyota hi-lux
How many miles have you managed in the 4 years tigersaw? I have read of your problems and I do agree that many of the consequential problems seem to be dealer originated, but the car basically has a character which is what I like about it. I used to get hire cars at work for a 300 mile round trip every week and I had many different models, the beat that I can say is they all got me there and back and the petrol cars had without exception virtually no fuel left from a full tank and the diesels mostly had half a tank left but none had anything approaching character.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Miles - only 10k in 4 years. It was a second car for a long time, until I retired and gave the good car away.

I agree about character - I do like the simple chunkyness and 1980's feel of the whole thing. Even down to fitting a radio cassette just because.. I'd buy another, I like the underdog feel of it all, but would I recommend one to someone? Not on your Nellie, things that make me laugh out loud like the rattles, poor comfort, heating, ventilation, bits falling off, the poor assembly, rough edges, the easy scratch paint would not be endearing to many.

I think its going to be like my Hi-Lux, like the top gear one it refused to die.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts