1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
121 Posts
Very pleased with my white TCe Laureatte. I can't believe the power from such a small engine. Just done 150 miles so still running in by gets better each run. 4 adults in and it cruises at 70 with air con on with no issues. Pulls clean and returns better mpg than my old i30. Also noted at 70 the rpm is well below 3000.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Agree with Glen

I'm also very pleased with my azure blue 0.9TCe Laureate Sandero Stepway.

I love the power from such a small engine.

Just done 250 miles so also been running her in, it's true she gets better each run.

Had 3 adults or 2 adults & a large Weimaraner in the boot and she cruises at 60 & 70 with air con on with no issues.

I love the stop start engine, she pulls away clean and returns a much better mpg than my old Nissan Almera Tino. Also noticed the revs below 3000.

Her ride is very smooth, very quiet, very economical, she alerts when to go up and down the gear box, which was very useful initially as I'd previously driven a 1.8 engine and this is a 0.9 turbo engine.

My mum and ourselves have mobility and access issues, we all use walking aids, so we got the Stepway as it has higher raised seating which is much easier to access.

This car is very nippy and yet economical in town driving, very easy to park using the rear camera, with the front & rear parking sensors.

It has a large enough boot for weekly supermarket shopping for ourselves & my mum.

When we go on holiday next month, I will start to use the eco button and cruise control/speed limiter, to ensure better motorway driving.

It has a fabulous media sat nav system, great speakers my music sounds wonderful when using either the DAB radio or blue tooth connection to my android smartphone to play my music from my amazon cloud.

The phone is clear when making calls via Bluetooth from the car.

The sat nav is very clear, the maps show points of interest, petrol stations,shops, cafes etc. It alerts for traffic warnings, speed cameras, it visually displays the current speed limit. It works well, just as good as my previous Garmin.

It has 12v socket for our electric cool bag. Electric Windows. 2 cup holders in front but only one in the back, which is enough for us.

This is a fabulous car to drive, it holds the road well, has great breaks, a great turning circle.

For the money, it is the best value for money deal. You get a great car with a fantastic spec for a lower cost than other cars.

Sent from my HTC One using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
244 Posts
This is a fabulous car to drive, it holds the road well, has great breaks, a great turning circle.
I heard this many times before in different countries, from different users. It is one of the most understated, under-reported or under-praised feature of the Stepway version of the Sandero. I dear to say that Sandero Stepway is maybe the best Dacia car in terms of driveability. Okay, Dacia tried to replicate the success of Stepway recipe for Logan MCV but I think that it only just looks good. On Sandero, however, the Stepway ingredients actually work on the road: increased road clearance (and some say that a tougher suspension - or maybe only the anti-roll bar), 205/55/R16 tires, and I think the under the car is also roughened with two shields on front and on the rear axle but may also change the air flows under the car. Maybe it is only the tires, who knows ? With its shorter tail, compared to Logan or Logan MCV, Sandero can really exploit the larger tires and sit better on the road without having to fight the boot that inertially is going outside the curve.

I found myself leaving some usual cars behind on curvy roads although I do not drive aggressively. I do not make the tires scream.

·
Registered
244 Posts
BTW, I had this confirmation. Someone with a Dacia Logan installed a rear axle shield that is present in the Sandero Stepway. The feedback is that the stability on the road is much improved. The air flow coming from large trucks no longer rocks the Dacia Logan as a boat.

555821506_R.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
On my second stepway petrol this time little or no turbo lag
Had a 1.5dci before had my doubts about such a small engine but it performs well much faster of the mark than the deisel
It really is a much under rated car
So many people think they are junk perhaps they remember the old ones from the 80s which were junk

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
277 Posts
Let people keep thinking they're junk.If they get to popular the same thing will happen as with KIA prices through the roof. ????????

Sent from S7 Edge

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had my Stepway Tce90 White Ambiance about 8 months and only done 3000 miles very pleased with my purchase so far, I love the surge of acceleration when turning the eco button off !!

But I have two pet hates.

Pet hate1. Having no button to press to get into the boot when shopping, you have to unlock the boot with the key or walk round to front, open the door and release the catch, I cant remember when a car didnt have something that was easier than that!

Pet hate 2

The speedometer, When sky's are grey and the and the sun isn't shining you cannot see what speed you are doing, the speedo is so far recessed that you have to put side lights on to see the speed, which is a pain.

This year due to circumstances I havent done much mileage but next year it should be different,I've found the car very comfortable to drive and so has the wife who was a bit dubious at first but now she loves it.

Another minor gripe is that the MPG calculator isnt included in the software for the Ambiance, I know its there but its not switched on.

MPG i have worked out to be about 42 mpg to the gallon which is nearly all short runs of about 4 to 5 miles each time, so not bad. I was getting about 44 on my old Hyundai i20.

Would I recommend getting one? Yes I would, providing you are not a badge snob, it does all I want in comfort, and it keeps up easily with traffic, and when entering motorways there is plenty of speed to accelerate safely into the traffic.

I will update this post now and again

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have had our 2017 Stepway 0.9Tce Easy-R Prestige ( French) since August. So far mostly local running plus a short holiday to Florence which was 500Km each way.

Averaging 6.5L/Km, about 43mpg over 2,500 Km which is pretty good I think with aircon.

The engine goes really well now as it loosens up even with four up and luggage on the motorway.

A really comfy car which I did not expect.No problems with dashboard refections or opening of the boot from the boot button on outside of the back door.

We live in the south of France and so far its still quite hot (25 degress today) so the aircon has been on all the time and it keeps the inside of the car quite cool.

The Easy-R and Start/Stop are great once you adjust your driving style. I also love the way the revs are blipped automatically each time it changes down!

My wife loves driving it so all in all a great value for money practical car.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I doubt Dacia's prices will explode. Any higher and will compete with Renault's models in terms of price. This will not happen as Renault is keen at keeping the two brands apart. Dacia is budget, british-like food, Renault is French cousine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dacia is like super markets own brand better value and in some cases better than property brands
Just running around can Get 46
/47 miles/ gal
Yes I think prices will rise have been the same for years

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,853 Posts
Pet hate 2

The speedometer, When sky's are grey and the and the sun isn't shining you cannot see what speed you are doing, the speedo is so far recessed that you have to put side lights on to see the speed, which is a pain.

This is posted often. There is a physical mod.

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/13794-daytime-dashboard-illumination/

Although one person posted his wiring colours did not match.

The UCH is the Body Control Module. When the lights are switched on 12 volts should appear at pin 20. N.B. this is a logic voltage and does not supply current to the instrument panel lights so will probable only be measurable with everything properly connected.

I have done this mod and it only lights the instrument panel, the heater and radio illumination remains off until the lights are switched on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Had my diesel Stepway for over a month now and am very pleased with it. I echo the complaints re the boot and the speedometer but forgive these quite easily when set against the value it represents. Again I do appreciate the high seat position which makes it easier for those of us with dodgy knees to get in and out.

In mixed driving I'm getting 57 mpg but this is using the computer read-out which may or may not be correct. I've just fitted a chip for the EMS and am curious to see what improvements this may bring....it certainly does improve the power available as this is noticeable.

My only problem is that I've lost all of my maps...GPS is working but maps disappeared following an attempt to update and I suspect that the USB used was faulty....anyway the dealer was unable to help as they don't have any suitable software to remedy this. The dealer said that they would investigate further but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I thought that the maps, if paid on Medianav Toolbox, should be available for download more than once.

The documentation says .... does this means that once you install a map, you will no longer be able to download it again if your usb is faulty? I found that hard to believe. Please tell me.

If you purchased updates and/or added free updates to the installation queue, you will be redirected to the "Updates" screen. In case this would not happen, please click on the "Updates" button in the menu bar on the left hand side. This is the last step to update your navigation device.

The "Updates" button will open a screen which shows all available updates, including:

items that you have purchased but not yet installed (updates or extra content),

• free updates and extra content that you added to the installation queue from the "Catalogue" menu,

• and special free updates (which are normally paid updates but currently provided free of charge due to a special occasion).

The list shows all available updates.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Regarding the boot, I think you in UK have some sort of regulations regarding the safety of exiting the boot. I read something but I may be completely wrong, that one, in case of entering the boot and accidentally being trapped inside must be able to enter the car by opening the rear seats from the trunk.

In the rest of Europe, Dacia has a button to open the boot.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I thought that the maps, if paid on Medianav Toolbox, should be available for download more than once.

The documentation says .... does this means that once you install a map, you will no longer be able to download it again if your usb is faulty? I found that hard to believe. Please tell me.

If you purchased updates and/or added free updates to the installation queue, you will be redirected to the "Updates" screen. In case this would not happen, please click on the "Updates" button in the menu bar on the left hand side. This is the last step to update your navigation device.

The "Updates" button will open a screen which shows all available updates, including:

items that you have purchased but not yet installed (updates or extra content),

• free updates and extra content that you added to the installation queue from the "Catalogue" menu,

• and special free updates (which are normally paid updates but currently provided free of charge due to a special occasion).

The list shows all available updates.
In my case the maps which are missing are those already installed when new which I would assume are UK maps. When I use the update function I get the message telling me that my maps are updated yet no maps are present although the GPS is operating albeit showing on a white screen.

I may try again and follow the process of buying maps for western Europe to see if this solves the problem but won't appreciate it if I'm charged for these.

An account of my problem can be found in the "Sandero electrical sub-forum" misplaced there by me I'm afraid.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts