UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not happy with my Stepway 1.5 diesel.
Had it 6 months and checked fuel every fill up and not returning good mpg.
My 12 year old megane with 190000 on the clock returned 60 mpg last tank on Stepway I got average 50.
Seriously thinking of getting my original choice SKODA YETI instead.

Sent from my D6603 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
33 Posts
One of the best car I've had now on my second one
The best was a fiat Tipo 20 valve back in the mid 90 s
The motoring press do not help a lot of cars or makes
Unless you are spending £30000 and have 3.0 liters under the HUD then they are rubbish

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Prince for your feed back but my last car Renault megane had same engine same power and weighed 300 kg more and I still got 60 mpg on the same run as I do every day.
50 mpg for such a light car is not very good.
I spoke to my garage and they said it was the same engine as the megane just set up different but based on old tech.
Probably why they are not more efficient compared to German technology

Sent from my D6603 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
244 Posts
I get 70 mpg on motorway speed with a speed of 55 mph (85 km/h) in the 5th gear and ECO on. That is the sweet spot of the fuel consumption. A higher speed means more fuel. I get to 45-50 mpg when using 75-80 mph speed. In urban mode, I only get 45 mpg but the average speed in crawl mode around the city is 10 mph (16 km/h).

My car is 40k miles old. How old is yours?

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/25737-dacia-sandero-diesel-mpg-consumption/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very happy. Very good value.

The complaints I have are first world problems

- no auto lights (I live in Switzerland and lots of tunnels)

- intermittent wipe interval not adjustable

9000km since August, 45-50 mpg but I'm on Winter tyres and have a lot of mountains to go up and down

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just some thoughts on my '17 stepway laureat dci. I bought the car about six months ago as a 2 berth caravan tug. I fell in love with caravanning about three years ago and had kitted myself out with a Santa Fe 2.2 deisel and an old avondale 4 berther, fantastic rig and not too expensive to put together. I got the four berth not out of necessity but just because of the the extra space (novice, greedy, old, fat bar steward). However, one word, thirsty. The frequent stops at the govt. rape stations soured the experience to such an extent that I ditched the rig. Back to the drawing board, lots of head scratching. I looked at tents, trailer tents, teardrops, gopods, freedoms and older, lighter vans as well as lusting after the knaus travelino. With all these options whiring away in me noggin I was about to plonk for a hyper mile golf 2 litre diesel when tragedy struck and my lovely auntie Joy passed away and kindly left me a huge chunk of change. Well you know what happened next.
Anyway onto the oh-so personal review.
Looks: I think it's a handsome beast that holds its own against the best of them.
Comfort: A real winner. The seats are not only the right height for the, shall we say larger frame, but are also extremely comfortable. The suspension verges on witchcraft in its ability to isolate you from the rumble strip that passes for roads now but also handles the corners (in this class). Truly remarkable.
Economy: The old Hyundai suggested 35mpg book, perhaps half that towing. Of course I love the economy! Keep it under sixty and level and you can get astonishing results (HonestJohn). I am as politically incorrect as it is imaginable to be but I'm now a fan of 'ECO', God help me.
Practicality: Well, .. fifth injector .. SOLD, SOLD and SOLD. And it's a hatchback. Did I mention the road tax?
Tow Car: I phoned the insurance peeps as you do and said I'm towing this baby, she said "If you fit a tow bar we'll give you a discount". I booked the bar the same day. The day after the fitting the Holy Unicorn of all vans appeared on fleabay, a mint-ish '92 Lunar meteorite 'S' plopped into the ether. It was like the scene in the conversion of St. Paul by Caravaggio (minus the horses arse, or not). Anyhoo, I have a full scale two berth @61% kerb weight with consequent control and economy.
The downsides, glove box, cup holders, cubby holes and perhaps the worst instrument binnacle visibility I have ever come across. Overall I'm like a dog with two appendages. Ahem.
Thank you auntie Joy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a 2016 1.5 dci manual last March for my wife and trusted the seller, unfortunately.I really like the car but the non working aircon and the unreliable clutch engagement are issues that are proving hard to address as wiring diagrams do not exist and Dacia are of no use at all. But I do like the car and will continue my search for solutions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Car with many problems...driveshafts gone to the horison in under 100000km...clutch also...

(have trailer towing) thin paint that easy get lots of scratchs...Bought this car half a year ago.

Dacia Dealer is Volvo/Renault in sweden...they never get answer on questions about messurments

and other tecnical questions only with answer "Can not get or get you that information"....And many garages

..even the dealers is not happy to fix car problems on Dacia cars...and dealers garage take proper pay

for the work and replacementparts on Dacia cars. And if you search parts on internet several models of

the same piece is showing and how can i get the right one if I can't get the oem nr from dealer or elsware.

Not many information on internet on Dacia care even.

Red Stepway 2013 Sweden

·
Registered
13 Posts
Forgot to say that Dacia is a car that you should buy brandnew and not used.

Dacia is cheep at dealer as new ...but costs lots more money as used when the

age problems is coming on and it must go to a garage for replacements parts service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've a 2015 Stepway 0.9 in blue, bought new. Low mileage average 4000/year

Been to Holland and France fully loaded with bikes hung on the back and happy to cruise at 70 for miles, literally all day Scotland to Portsmouth

Good economy, cheap insurance £30 tax what's there to complain about I hear you ask.........

Well, not much really, brake discs made of cheese and dissolve in rain, and rear springs can't cope with Edinburgh cart tracks, possibly first world Rumania has better roads than St Nicola's capital But that's probably for another forum???

Give it a go you won't be disappointed and new one looks great

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,733 Posts
Eastern Europe cars had a different higher suspension. W Europe were 14 mm lower.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts