UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been reading with interest about the matic door locks if the car locks are opened but front doors not opened. Ive noticed this myself but wondered if there wasa feature of when you start to drive the doors auto lock?

If so how do i get it working as i have to do mine manually with the button..

·
Registered
346 Posts
Gosh that must be a nightmare' how do you cope?
ignore this moron, the door locks engage so someone cannot open doors from outside. They engage as you pull away. From inside you can open doors in usual way but have to press button on dashboard so someone entering car outside can use handle.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
i don't think they do auto-lock in that fashion primterman.....I'e discovered how to stop it re-locking after 20 secs if you don't open the front door, but not how to get it to auto-lock when you drive off...

other than push the button that is.....! LOL !!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
to stop it locking after 20 secs if you don't open the front door.....

move the light switch above the rear view mirror to the middle position.....not tilted to one side....

god knows why it works....but it does....and did on George, Clooney, and Macnamara's at the Berwick meet up....

Sounds nonsense I know....!!!!! LOL !!!!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
guys

to get the doors to lock when u pull away U HAVE TO HAVE INSTALL AN ALARM SYSTEM ON THE CAR

NOT JUST THE CENTRAL LOCKING

this feature is done by the alarm brain not the central locking

just like if the alarm module is installed depending on its cost it can also rise close the windows when u lock the car

for u if u have electric windows in the car

·
Registered
346 Posts
My Renault Twingo must have a factory fitted alarm? but when you pull away the doors lock. The stepway version also locks when you pull away.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
which model have you got printerman.....I can't remember...?

george is an ambiance and I don't have the protection pack....so I have to push the button....

but I only really use it when driving around the city so no-one can open the door and nick my handbag..!

invariably then forget.....and can't get out when I get home without pushing the button again..

forgetting that quickly....is that old age ???? LOL !!!!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
which model have you got printerman.....I can't remember...?

george is an ambiance and I don't have the protection pack....so I have to push the button....

but I only really use it when driving around the city so no-one can open the door and nick my handbag..!

invariably then forget.....and can't get out when I get home without pushing the button again..

forgetting that quickly....is that old age ???? LOL !!!!
if u push the buton dm the door locks but the ones in the front should open normaly if u need to from the inside

i use this thing also in city

when pull away i lock the doors but when stop just open the doors in front normaly (the ones in the rear stay closed but the front u open normaly pull leaver)

the rear ones u can open also from the inside if u unlock the tiney leaver for the child safety

so in one word...

this feature is to lock the car if u are inside of it, that means anyone from outside cant get in but u from the inside can get out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts