UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm hoping that the "2014" model, or whatever they call the update that has ESC as standard (apparently required by the EU from October 2014, so needing to be in the spec of pre-ordered Dusters from, what, no later than Feb 14?), will include an automatic.

Interestingly (to me, anyway!), the review you kindly posted seems to imply that in that market, an automatic transmission isn't available with 4x4, but in the illustrations in the US manual, I believe that's the 4wd selector dial you can see just in front of the automatic shifter.

Auto and 4x4 is available in the mechanically similar Nissan X-Trail, so I would think it can be done: it's all down to that mysterious process known as "marketing", I guess, which these days seems far too often a mechanism for preventing the consumer from being able to purchase the exact product that they would like.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Search the forum there is another discusion about this topic were I posted video aswell

there is an automatic version avaible only in s america 4 speed 2 litre petrol 138bhp 4x2 however in europe one of the selling strong point it is dusters fuel economy and low taxes to own and run

If they buildit in 4x4 nissan will never sold theyr cars also the duster won't be so cheap

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks, antavi - that's a very interesting thread and video.

I appreciate that the Duster is all about simplicity and low running costs, but I think there would be a big market for a 4x2 auto in the UK because of the government's Motability scheme for disabled drivers - an uncomplicated car like this with such easy driver access would be ideal for that.

As to Nissan never selling any 4x4 autos up against a similar spec Duster - there's that marketing thing I was talking about. I guess it would be a question of balancing the loss of sales for Nissan (probably very small for the X-Trail, but more so for the Qashqai and maybe the Juke) against what they might steal from the Hyundais and Kias of this world.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
U are right diferent markets maybe in uk will go for that just like in semerica where petrol is much cheper

Another thing they are carefull with so duster don't canibalize the ren nissan brothers

In romania for ex the price would go up with automatic one that nobody will buyy it

We have big road taxes stupid ones so on
However I'm confident that u coud find a service that will adapt an automatic to duster from renault ones let's say a tuner it can be done after the warranty or maybe within the warranty period even

1 - 5 of 5 Posts