UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any Dacia's in the pipeline with an automatic transmission?

I am really struggling driving a manual in traffic, as my left knee is very painful. An old cycling injury.

I really do not want to have to swap my Dacia for another make, just to get an automatic, but I may have to.

·
Registered
179 Posts
they already make a Renault duster auto with 2.0L which is sold in india so don't know if they will release on in the UK

·
Registered
220 Posts
I took a look at the Renault Duster India page and I didn't see a 2.0 version or automatic. In fact I didn't even see a 4x4 though their page says it will launch soon. A 2.0 automatic 4x2 is assembled and sold in Colombia. I think they will offer an automatic 4x4 soon.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
yes its in colombia not in india

Does anyone know if there are any Dacia's in the pipeline with an automatic transmission?

I am really struggling driving a manual in traffic, as my left knee is very painful. An old cycling injury.

I really do not want to have to swap my Dacia for another make, just to get an automatic, but I may have to.
and not yet the cost were risen high and they dont want that

ur choice its to take it to the garage and put a clio auto gearbox in it since its the same car basicaly

it can be done but u have to get it to a garage to be modified ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
What I find kind of surprising is that although they seem to be available in almost every other country where they are sold there is no diesel engine option for the Duster in Colombia. I think almost all the other SUV brands here offer a diesel. However I must say I'm very happy with the 2.0 DOHC 138hp Renault engine in mine. It is very quick!

·
Registered
199 Posts
There are no plans to launch any auto Dacia's in the UK, the costs to develop it would make it prohibitive and due to European legislation on emmisions they can't just launch the 2.0 petrol auto over here as it won't be clean enough.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The owner manual I got with mine does give details of an auto box. So it is clearly available in some territories, probably only left hand drive territories though in which case the small numbers of right hand drive autos would probably be too much hassle when they can already sell as many manuals as they can make?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts