UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a tip for the average speed cameras.

So there you, travelling down the motorway with the cruise on at 70 mph when you see the signs for roadworks. Upon reaching the roadworks, you see the signs for 50 mph then signs for average speed check. Great. You are now sat behind someone at at 49 mph. Grrrrrrr! Frustration sets in.

I have tried the following in several vehicles and never had an issue. Sitting at 50 mph will give you an average speed of well below 50 mph. So it set my cruise for 56 mph. This will give you an average speed of around 51/52 mph, which is perfect. You can also use the speed limiter if there is traffic as this will have the same effect. ONLY DO THIS IF IT IS SAFE TO DO SO AND YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH IT. I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PENALTIES OR ACCIDENTS.

The speed limiter function is great for driving through town, as it saves you constantly checking your speed, especially where fixed and mobile greed cameras are located.

Always drive in a safe and responsible manner.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I've been making use of the speed limiter function every day with the average speed cameras on the M62/M60. I run with the limiter at 53mph and find that quite fast enough to pass a lot of other traffic that is driving to an indicated 50mph.

Using the cruise control in anything other than light traffic is a recipe for disaster I think.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Or just drive at 49mph and chill.
This ^ as the song says (ok it's a crap song but...) "Have a little patience"

We have them on the A9 now as well and it's perfectly possible to start with a clean license and lose it through speeding in one trip doing no more than 60mph.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Or just drive at 49mph and chill.
100% agreed. A couple of MPH isn't gonna make you that late.
In the day and age of sneaky speed traps and traffic signal cameras its better to save your mistakes for when you didn't know the camera was there.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts