UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Hi all,

I feel a little out of place in this forum as I feel I may be the only one who hasn't pre-ordered a Dacia vehicle. I'm still waiting to have the test drive before formally making that commitment.

Part of me is a little anxious that it may not live up to expectations and I may lose my deposit (due to difficult sales agents) if i'm unhappy with the test drive.

Anyone else feeling this way or in similar situation? :unsure:

Or am I really the only one in here :ph34r:

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are a lot of people that are waiting to see the Stepway, including myself, although I did see a LHD Stepway at a dealer event in Telford a couple of months ago. Don't worry about it not living up to your expectations, I'm sure you'll be really impressed with the car when you see it. If you want to pre-order you can do it online on the Dacia website or contact me and I'll sort it for you. We have already taken seven orders for the Stepway sight unseen! I've told the customers that they can have their deposit back if they don't like it when it arrives. My advice is to get your order in ASAP otherwise there could be quite a waiting list infront of you.

Regards

Glygoo

395BC72E-1DCC-40D6-B369-4045CE3B06A0-121

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information and the advice. I am extremely excited. Now I know dealers won't hold my deposit ransom I feel a little better about pre-ordering. Now to talk :ph34r: my husband into it. Wish me luck :p

Thank you for the offer Glygoo, but I think Stoke is a little far from me. Or else I would have come to see you in person ;).

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I have a Stepway on pre order with my wife (its really her car). I did take a test drive of a Sandero and I was impressed. The spec of the laureate sold it to us along with the diesel mpg. I've had a play with the MediaNav unit too and it worked really well with my iPhone. We went for the cinder red colour and are like kids waiting on Christmas arriving :D oh and I agree with what's been said above. I'd get a pre order in ASAP to limit the delay on delivery as much as possible.

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm dragging hubby to a dealership or two this weekend (as I don't do so well with bossy salesmen :() hopefully we will be able to test drive the Sandero and have a play with its gadgets :lol:. And discuss financing :mellow:.

Once you pre-order do you have to settle finance there and then? I mean agree something in principle? We have just under 6k in savings but didn't really want to use it for the car (in case of any emergencies) so we were thinking about maybe a car HP or a personal loan (hopefully a good rate). Decisions decisions :wacko:

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
There was no discussion about the finance at the moment. The deposit I paid was to secure the pre order and get the ball rolling. When things become more concrete (time scale wise) I was advised we could discuss trade ins and finance then.
Trade in wise I think I'll be trying to sell privately as I don't think I'll be offered very much for my 11 year old Audi.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Finance usually only needs to be sorted the week before pick up. However it is no harm doing the talk and getting it run through well in advance to make sure you can get approved and no nasty surprises when you are getting excited about a new car. No idea how ye do it over in the UK as it is possibly different but Dacia look for a minimum of a 15% deposit over here and you can do anything up to 5 years on the finance. There was also a very cheap option for low mileage drivers where you pay half the capital in Finance over 3 years and if happy to keep you pay off the remainder or start again with a new model or just hand back.

Renault finance is 6.9% apr over here which is well ahead of any of the commercial banks over here. Some other big Marques like Volkswagon and BMW have even better terms and Skoda currently offer 0% finance but even with that the Duster is much cheaper than the Yeti ... Sorry I digress ...

Reactions: Juju Beanz

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will have to discuss finance most definitely. Even with personal loans over here the interest rates isn't too bad but then the dreaded 'Rate subject to status' doesn't fill me with much hope :(.

I think my excitement bubble has just been popped :mellow:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Juju have a drive to Dacia in Stoke on Saturday and I'll look after you, I'm so laid back I'm almost horizontal! Have a test drive in a Sandero then I'll work out a finance deal for you, you won't believe how low the payments will be. No harm in looking and I'm definitely not bossy, just trying to help. Incase you hadn't noticed I love Stepway and my wife is having one in June, Laureate TCE90 in Black. Please note we are closed on Easter Sunday.

Regards

Glygoo

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in London this weekend, that's where I'm doing the viewings. But If I can persuade my husband for a drive to Stoke, I'll message you about coming up.

Gygoo that is exactly what I want but in diesel. I've seen pictures posted on here by others and I'm in love :wub:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts