UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks
I return to the forum after just over a year of Duster ownership. First I should say that basically a good vehicle for the money, but with some serious flaws. Let me tell you a story....
I bought my Duster in April 2015. After I had ordered it I heard about the rust issues and contacted the dealer principle. I was assured that he knew nothing about these issues, so I went ahead with the purchase. Day 2 of ownership, 17 miles on clock, ABS warning light comes on. Back to dealer where it was left, and brought back to me the next day. Car now has new additions - small dents and scratches in a number of places. Back to dealer for repairs. A few weeks on, pool of water in passenger foot well. Back to dealer for new windscreen. Small scratch on wing top, but wasn't prepared to take it back again.

Good winter running with Duster, no problems, managed to use 4WD in snow. Excellent.

First service due in April 2015, so back to dealer. Go to pick vehicle up to find scratch on near side front wing. Service manager denies responsibility saying it was seen before service. Well, having cleaned the car the day before, I knew exactly where the small scratches were, and there certainly wasn't one on the wing when I left it. Begrudgingly the manager told me to bring it in for the scratch man to look at. I have not done so as I fear it will come back with more damage.

Contacted by Dacia for corrosion inspection, which would take about a week. Went in at the beginning of May. I had looked at the places known for corrosion and couldn't see any, so was surprised when the vehicle was away for two and a half weeks. When I examined it after return I found paintwork scuffed on pillars on both driver and passenger side, as well as minor scratching elsewhere. Contacted Dacia over a week ago about this, and have phoned daily for five working days - they promise to phone me but nothing happens. Latest is that body shop used by Dacia want me to take vehicle in for inspection. As the body shop is 25 miles away I have told Dacia that any inspection must be done my location. They are now contacting body shop to find out if they will do this!

To say I am sick of this is an understatement. They sell me a substandard vehicle, then damage it when it is in their care. (I say substandard - this is a presumption as I have not actually been told what corrosion was treated, but as they had the vehicle for over two weeks I presume they must have done something)!

If I could get rid of the thing for a reasonable price I would, but I fear I am stuck with this appalling service for some time to come.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I think you really mean awful 'dealer' customer service since since it seems to be poor handling/lack of care with your car from them that's the issue. Dacia haven't called you back but have been dealing with your complaint i.e. contacting the body shop on your behalf.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Black Tiger, you are indeed correct, 2014 was the year.

Troute, I feel the poor service lies with both dealership and Dacia. Dealership for damage when with them. Dacia for way in which damage report whilst in for inspection has been handled. As far as I am concerned the only way to get action is to phone Dacia on a daily basis. They promise to call back but rarely do so - poor customer service. I have been promised a call today - we shall see. All I want is my vehicle returned to the state it was in prior to the inspection, and I am struggling to get this.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,

When I had a new Citroen and had to take it to the Dealership, the service manager would look round the car with a check list to note any marks or damage to the bodywork, to which we would both sign for.

A simple practice that prevents any problems when you later collect the car and find new damage!

.....They had obviously had issues in the past!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi,

When I had a new Citroen and had to take it to the Dealership, the service manager would look round the car with a check list to note any marks or damage to the bodywork, to which we would both sign for.

A simple practice that prevents any problems when you later collect the car and find new damage!

.....They had obviously had issues in the past!
with the Citroen I had they always looked around the car before the service and any marks etc noted. When the dealership closed and I had to go 20 miles to have a service they used to pick it up. When it came back there was a large scratch down the drivers door. Lucky for me i had taken photos of the car before the collection all were dated. In the end they still would not except it, so I took them to the small claims court and it cost them £500.

·
Registered
98 Posts
with the Citroen I had they always looked around the car before the service and any marks etc noted. When the dealership closed and I had to go 20 miles to have a service they used to pick it up. When it came back there was a large scratch down the drivers door. Lucky for me i had taken photos of the car before the collection all were dated. In the end they still would not except it, so I took them to the small claims court and it cost them £500.
It's a regular procedure with hire cars too, as I used to use hire cars on a regular basis.

I once came back to the car after parking it in the street to find the drivers door caved in!

A session with a sink plunger and some T cut ....and the hire centre were none the wiser when I returned the vehicle! ;)

There's nothing to stop you making your own diagram of the car and checking round it with the garage for any damage when you drop it off either.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
It's what phone cameras were made for, a couple of quick snaps in the garage forecourt.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's what phone cameras were made for, a couple of quick snaps in the garage forecourt.
As described above, the photos may not be enough on their own as the garage will claim they were taken at a different time!...The date stamp on my camera is never correct and can be altered anyway!

A simple piece of signed paper will suffice and can always be photographed too!

I am an insurance claims inspector and I find that a simple duplicated piece of paper, a copy for the client and a copy for me, with a back up photo of the signature for my laptop, will suffice.

Any issues arise and I email the client a copy of the signed paperwork with their scrawl on it !!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Any phone camera image file has a creation date, if needs be it can be proven that a shot was taken at a specific time and date quite easily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts