UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up the car last Saturday morning. All has been fine and I loved the car until on the way home tonight.

A warning light. The orange zig zag type light. No idea what could be up as I have been driving the car like a pensioner and the way it drove altered in no way either.

I called the dealer I got the car and they are looking at it first thing tomorrow morning. I shall keep the thread updated.

For reference the car is a 1.5 dci laureate.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are very good compared to others I have been to. I got a great px price, they didn't push for a deal, and they are looking at the car when they open tomorrow morning.

I am now put off the car a little bit. This light I have never seen before on another car and it has only done 430 miles and had the car 1 week.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think it's the emissions warning light. Could be catalytic converter. But very low millage. Is 500 miles your mileage in car or total from New

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's 430 from new. I have done 300 of them roughly. All driven to the gear change indicator, under 2.5rpm etc. Very strange that when it came on the car had been and continued to drive like normal.

·
Registered
93 Posts
May be faulty sensor then. Which isn't much sure dealer will sort .it out . But the is one maybe . If the catalytic converter has been stolen of Duster when you have had it parked somewhere. The warning light would come on . I've heard of it before because the vehicle is higher

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
If the catalytic converter had been stolen - you'd know pretty quickly as you'd have a gaping chasm about half way along the exhaust pipe!

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
You wouldn't have to look - you would hear it ????

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The car is almost silent other than a slight whistle from the turbo you can hear. I live out the way and have the car parked at work where only personnel who work there can access anyway. And it's a sandero not a duster. They will have done well to get the cat off that quietly.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just a quick update. The local dealer read the codes at 8.30 this morning and I drove away again at 8.50. It was the brake pedal switch which caused the light and once deleted and driven around, never come back on. I have since done another 40 miles and all is good again.

Mechanics hunch was because it's a new, stiff brake pedal still, that it got stuck for a fraction of a second causing the light to come on. Hence no change in driving of the car and no other lights on.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Mechanics hunch was because it's a new, stiff brake pedal still, that it got stuck for a fraction of a second causing the light to come on. Hence no change in driving of the car and no other lights on.
Mechanics hunch sounds like a load of nonsense to me......

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not convinced either. But it would be hard to explain why that fault come up and has not returned, whilst changing absolutely nothing about the way car was driving or responded.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts