UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just wonder if any one of you people have this same problem like me my dacia steam up very bad specially back windows on doors. Is bad when there is no rain and even worst in bad weather. Have look on my pics and judge your selfs. Thanks ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1424648486.046769.jpg ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1424648511.059663.jpg ImageUploadedByDaciaForum.co.uk1424648530.166755.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check nearside rear carpet. Mine had a veritable lake there. Also check behind rear wheel arches. The seal near the tailgate hinges can leak.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Yup, more likely to be incorrect settings on the heater/air con than a water leak - I'd check that before feeling carpets!

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
An air-conditioning system includes a dehumidifier.

Ever noticed a little puddle under your car when the air-con's been on but the cars not moving, that's the dehumidifier doing its thing taking water out of the air and dumping it.

So to reduce the moisture in the cabin air, run the heater and the air-con at the same time whilst recirculating the air. This draws the cars cabin air through the dehumidifier before then passing back through the heater and into the cabin once more. Each pass will further reduce the humidity (and hence people get sore throats from driving with air-con on a lot caused by the dry air drying the throat)

But once you turn off the air-con return the setting to fresh air as peoples breath adds moisture back into the air, and will slowly increases the airs humidity if it keeps being circulated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks boys for all ideas , I am in work just now so I will check all this once I back home.

Ps. I can a sure you there was no hanky panty haha you cheeky

·
Registered
286 Posts
We had the same problem after the car went in for repair and it was the recirculation lever moved it over to air from outside problem solved

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Thanks boys for all ideas , I am in work just now so I will check all this once I back home.

Ps. I can a sure you there was no hanky panty haha you cheeky
Hanky Panty! What sort of Forum is this!!!

P.S. Geraint, I have noticed that in the Duster as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hmmm interesting this...The first night home with my Duster, got up next day jumped in and put the wipers on to clear the water/dew off the windscreen....it was inside, never seen that before, seems ok now. I changed the air recycle thingy too...Hmmm I thought, most odd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts