UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Stay safe everyone, it's properly windy out there. Just lost a roof tile ( hopefully it's only one but I'm not holding my breath) and had to run round the garden grabbing recycle bins and glass bottles lol.

Mods feel free to move to social space, that's where I thought I was, sorry ;) (Moved B) - chrisl300)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Homes around here had their recycling collection wheelie bins out last night for early collection this morning. By 23:00 there was paper, tin cans, plastic etc strewn everywhere. I brought ours back in before it too went over but what a mess. Well done to the council though - they had a litter picker out before 8 o'clock this morning sweeping it all up. Wind has abated here but its now raining quite heavily. What a lovely winter's day!!!

Fortunately no structural damage noted yet and my brand new Duster survived its first night in my driveway unscathed.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Some small damage round my house but less than I expected. The A9 North is littered with fallen trees and bits of trees, the slope down into the Berriedale Braes was like the aftermath of a battlefield.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Truro weather station reporting here: quite windy, but my rubbish bin lid is still sitting on my rubbish bin. Updates will be provided on request !!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Some small damage round my house but less than I expected. The A9 North is littered with fallen trees and bits of trees, the slope down into the Berriedale Braes was like the aftermath of a battlefield.
@Troute

you got power back yet troute ???? My friends in Avoch just north of u are still without....bless them....cooking on the fire !

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Never lost power here but I've spent the last two days driving from one end of the country to the other resetting and rebooting equipment because of power cuts.

Reactions: skrich

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I lost a second tile the following night but can't get anyone to come and refit them ( they are still on the roof just about 2 meters away from where they should be!) and I've just read on Facebook the,re more high winds on there way for Monday :(

On a plus point we have had some snow tonight. The Stepway was nestled in the drive it was the jimny that got the pleasure of the snow.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Drove down from Glasgow yesterday........had the spinnaker sail out!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts