UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just returned from my trip to Northern Bavaria using my new Logan LCV diseasel. I used the Hull-Rotterdam ferry and satnaved the rest of the route. On the autobahn I kept to the speed limits and 85mph where there weren't any. It had 1200 miles on, so I was still being a bit gentle. I'd taken nephews 4 snow tyres on rims as he'd returned from England and couldn't fit them in his mini. So with the rest of the luggage the Logan averaged 62.1 mpg over the 500 mile outbound trip.

Drove around Bavaria clocking another 300 miles and a surprising number of Dacias, before returning to UK. This journey was kept at the speed limits or 90mph in the unrestricted sections, but I still felt like a target as the BMW/Merc/Audi brigade hurtled past. Holland was a different matter, gridlocked 4 and 5 lane motorways around the major towns, Satnag recording that I'd been stationary for 2 hours in the stop/start 100 or so miles to the ferry. .The average on the return was 57.1 mpg, presumably from the crawl through Holland and obviously nothing to do with the 100 litres of wine and beer that somehow found its way into the boot!

I've included the figures for the return journey if anyone's interested:

Total mileage: Bavaria-Rotterdam 450, Hull dock-home 64, total 514
Av speed for whole journey: 44.5mph
Av mpg for whole journey: 57.1mpg,
Fuel used 9 gal,
Mileage left 185 miles (at av consumption this means 3 gal which means 12 gal/55l tank - not 50l tank as advertised???)

Logan now has 2500 miles on and is driving great. The whole trip was some 1300 miles. The new Michelin CrossClimate tyres performed perfectly, even if the early season snow had gone before I got there.

·
Registered
279 Posts
That's great to hear. ????

How do you find the cross climates to live with? Is the road noise ok? I am looking at getting some myself as I live in the arse end of nowhere 25 miles from work and I don't really want the hassle of swapping winter and summer wheels and storing them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Cross Climates were great. There was no extra road noise and they didn't wander at speed on the autobahn. Also they gripped well in the rain once back in the UK. Like you, I hope they solve the seasonal tyre swapping problem. They don't appear to have affected the fuel consumption either.

Unfortunately I had just bought 2 snow tyres before my Brother showed me the details of the CrossClimates and told me that in Germany all 4 tyres had to be winter ones. :(

Like you, we live in a rural area, to get out of the village there are 2 roads, uphill 25% one way, uphill 25% with double bend, the other. I'll report back once the snow arrives.

Anyone want to buy 2 new and unfitted Continental ContiWinter Contacts 185/65 x 15 88T? Offers??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts