UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently bought a new sandero stepway and as soon as I put on the radio there's a double beeping sound. It's pings every 4-5seconds really loudly. Once I turn it off it's away. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this. Thanks. Graham

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.
It's definitely not the seatbelt warning sound. I've plugged all belts in. There's nothing at all on seats and I unclicked belt whilst driving and it was a completely different sound.
As I said before the sound only happens once I turn on radio. When it's off-nothing.
It's a double ping every 5'secs
I picked up car last night. Brand new.
I've been asked to hand back to dealers workshop to get it looked at but no courtesy car would be provided :-(
Would love to resolve it through this forum so I'm not without a car.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The radio code need putting in to the MediaNav unit; I had this when handing over a Clio in the summer.

What you will have to do is leave the car running and the MediaNav unit on; if you just put the MediaNav unit on with the engine off the MediaNav will turn off after about 5 minutes.

After a time; not sure how long, a display should come up asking for the radio code, put that in and the beeping will stop.

The radio code will be in the back of the handbook.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I was on the point of suggesting you were being stalked by a submarine and you need to dive deeper.......... but on second thoughts I'd go with HTP99's advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The radio code need putting in to the MediaNav unit; I had this when handing over a Clio in the summer.

What you will have to do is leave the car running and the MediaNav unit on; if you just put the MediaNav unit on with the engine off the MediaNav will turn off after about 5 minutes.

After a time; not sure how long, a display should come up asking for the radio code, put that in and the beeping will stop.

The radio code will be in the back of the handbook.
Hi. How long does it take? I turned on the car, but as long as I waited, the code request did not appear on the screen. What should I do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts