UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a better aerial for the Duster? The one we have,while quite long, is ok reception wise but not great

Are there better ones on the market which offer better reception and maybe a bit shorter?

Cheers all

(2 day old Duster Laureate in white cruising the streets in Essex!)

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
How does the bad reception manifest itself, is it hard to pick up further away stations or is it crackly?

Crackly could be a poor connection, maybe unscrew and replace the aerial, see if the thread is corroded at all. Point it more vertical perhaps.

Do you have Daytime Running Lights, apparently they can interfere with reception.

I have the traffic alerts on, and I often get alerts from stations that are 40 or more miles away so I'd say my reception was good.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does the bad reception manifest itself, is it hard to pick up further away stations or is it crackly?

Crackly could be a poor connection, maybe unscrew and replace the aerial, see if the thread is corroded at all. Point it more vertical perhaps.

Do you have Daytime Running Lights, apparently they can interfere with reception.

I have the traffic alerts on, and I often get alerts from stations that are 40 or more miles away so I'd say my reception was good.
Thanks for the reply

We live about 35 miles from London and try to get radio stations broadcast from there. Reception can be hit and miss. Don't have drl. Will try unscrewing/cleaning to see if that improves/ helps :)

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
On the removing and refitting the aerial mast, if you have any copper slip then put a wee smear on the threads, it will help prevent corrosion and stop it from seizing.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I've replaced my aerial with one that also does DAB, the entry hole on the duster is on a very steep slope right at the front edge of the roof and this makes choosing a replacement difficult for a couple of reasons. The 'boot' needs to be quite short to avoid overhanging the windscreen and it needs a lot of backwards rake to avoid it ending up pointing forward once fitted. I posted a couple of images on the Duster forum back when I did it, will find the link in a minute and there are other threads on doing similar. Also I had to drill out the cable entry hole by a fair bit to accomodate the new mount.

Link http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/topic/1129-fitting-and-aftermarket-dabfm-aerial-to-the-duster/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts