UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Increasingly finding Facebook dull, and Daciaforum far more entertaining. My email inbox has never been more full, and think I'm going to get into trouble at work for flicking through posts on my mobile phone at work! Disappointingly though, some friction is starting between some members. Please keep it light and respect other's views.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Love the car, love this forum, loads of useful info and entertaining posts...... plenty to be positive about :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Increasingly finding Facebook dull, and Daciaforum far more entertaining. My email inbox has never been more full, and think I'm going to get into trouble at work for flicking through posts on my mobile phone at work! Disappointingly though, some friction is starting between some members. Please keep it light and respect other's views.
Spot on bluegerbera ... I think one way of keeping the potential for friction down is to make use of the topics menu to keep posts focused. The Numero Uno topic by a massive margin is 'Pre-ordered a Dacia Duster?' ... but it's become the repository for just about every kind of post ... mainly because so many people are/were in

the pre-ordering group of early-adopting Duster customers and there have been so many frustrations and so much humour to share. It's been brilliant and it's still relevant ... but I find it really hard to browse the topic now, it's so wide and big. So, I have just changed my notification settings to 'none' (emails), because I need to focus on my day job more ... I appreciated your comment about flicking through the posts on your mobile at work!

As you say, bluegerbera, let's "keep it light and respect other's views" ... I have loved the lightness and humour of this Forum (and the feeling of solidarity and identity). I feel really fortunate to have my Duster now and I absolutely love driving it and sometimes even just looking at it! That pleasure has been massively enhanced by the enthusiasm and anticipation engendered by this Forum.

Along with keeping it light, I think, is keeping it tight ... and I think it's good that Nick has placed the 'Rust Issue' into a separate topic, where it can be prominent in gathering posts that will hopefully bring it more clearly to Dacia's attention as a major concern for actual and prospective customers and therefore make Dacia think about the state of their reputation early on in this big UK market.

What stays with me though is Maud Fondeo's brilliant post of the pic of her Duster windscreen with a chip sellotaped to it:

"Can someone call Autoglass for me please" (' Post Your Duster Pic of The Day': post # 8741) ... that's really why I love this Forum

Reactions: skrich
1 - 3 of 3 Posts