UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
the new limited edition of the duster fitted bigger wheels on lower profile tyres and the accompanying reports were uncomplimentery,and from my experience [abet of reading about these things] is that the loose in ride comtort is not made up for by the gain[if any in this case]in cornering ability....l would'nt .

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I saw some ridiculously big wheels on an old Ford Fiesta today, there can't have been 2 inches of tyre wall and it looked bloody daft. That said if it's done with a bit of common sense in picking the size and with a nice wheel I don't see why it shouldn't look good.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I added a set of Wolfrace PADUA wheels on mine . I used the same tyre as when new. The new wheels are the same size at 16 inch but a little wider at 7.5j. The wheels now come out to the same level as the wheel arches and that means my track is about two inches wider. Cost was £279 including the fitting kit from www.wheelbasealloys.com .

They look a lot better than the steel wheels did and i sold these all off at £100 each so the cost of purchase was £40 less..... Bargain....there were many Duster owners with no spare so i did them all a favour didnt i?

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
More than affect I would suggest; invalidate it ..... yikes!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Evenin all, has anyone upsized their wheels and what would be the biggest size with low profiles i could fit.

From a distance the wheels look too small in the arches.

thanks.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Unless you change the gearing, changing the profile is the only way to keep the gearing ratio the same or the speedo will be off. The wheels are a good size for what the vehicle was intended for; off roading where the space is need for axle articulation. If you fit the wheel arch protectors you can fit as large as 235/50 R18 without afecting the ratios. http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

·
Registered
146 Posts
The 18" alloys have slightly lower profile tyres giving an 8% increase in circumference and proportionate inaccuracy on the speedo reading, although the Renault speedo is has a built-in similar inaccuracy (over-recording) ironically leading to one of the few Dusters that accurately records speed.

On a completely different matter (as I don't really want to start a new thread or add to a very long running one) my car went in for new bespoke leather interior today and while they are at it, they are going to waxoil treat the undercarriage. There is no rust identified but they say they want to provide the preventative treatment. I've added a few more mods so will post pictures when the car is returned.

Back to the subject, I calculated that 20" alloys will fit - you need to be careful on the width to keep clear of the arches - with P70 profiles but you are advised to stiffen the suspension (leading to ride quality issues). For what it's worth, I looked at all options but settled for the 18" as the best all rounder - actually 19" is ideal but wheels and tyres are disproportionately expensive compared with the 18" and the difference is marginal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts