UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I'm in the running for a Duster & notice there is currently no listed 'black' option in the UK.

On a visit to my local dealer I noticed a 'black' one & was told it was Mariana Blue. On further inspection, I could see that it did indeed have a blue metal flake in what looked like black paint. It was overcast & I was told it was much 'bluer' when the sun came out.

I have read comments on here stating it is available in 'Black' in Ireland & I have seen examples in Greece that look black, labeled as 'Muapo'. A definative translation yet escapes me but I believe it eludes to 'black'.

Can any one confirm if there is a genuine differance between the 'Black' available in Ireland & the Mariana Blue available in the UK?

I really want a black one & am happy to delay my order if there is a chance that 'Black' will be added to the UK list at a later date.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Here in Ireland, at the dealership I was told we had a mind boggling choice of colours,

Basic White, or metalic Silver and Black.

Looking up the brochure they are again only 3 listed colours and described as,

Silver, Midnight and Ice White, so it actually does not say black???

However I did test drive a black version but that was a LHD, so who knows what we'll get here in Ireland

·
Registered
137 Posts
Black is available in Greece. In fact, my test drive was in a black car that the dealer got an owner to bring in for me to drive. They don't have a demonstrator in Corfu.

It's quite amazing how many Greeks drive black cars of all makes. Considering it's a hot country, with more sunshine than you can trow a stick at, why not white, like my Duster.

By the way, the Greek word for black is Mavro which is what you've writtenm albeit in Greek letters; p is an r etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your kind replys & translation.

To reiterate my original post: I'm trying to find out 'difinitavely', if the 'Black'/'Mavro' is actually a different 'colour' (not description or name) to the 'Mariana Blue'?

& if so, will it become available in the UK?

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Come on everyone, lighten up, why all the interest in finding a black Duster (unless you are all drug dealers)!
The colour to go for is Alpine White! Looks great and much safer especially on gloomy nights!
White saves you a lot of money as well!
UN spec rules!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Lol.
Have to admit, Chris, beginning to lament not buying. A white one. It does look damn fine! Better than I expected it to!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Lol.
Have to admit, Chris, beginning to lament not buying. A white one. It does look damn fine! Better than I expected it to!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Lol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
No argument from me Chris

·
Registered
431 Posts
Caspian Blue is the nicest for me, unfortunately we don't have that choice :-(

Nice choice, looks the buzz. Hope it comes soon.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Caspian Blue is the nicest for me, unfortunately we don't have that choice :-(

Nice choice, looks the buzz. Hope it comes soon.
Thanks Irishwhiskeychaser April has been given as the date, but Im not holding my breath
. It looks like some folks will be getting their Dusters next week and it will be nice to see some reports on the forum.

·
Registered
308 Posts
When I was at the dealers today I looked at the 4x4 demonstrator which previously I had thought was black and it did look black so asked the salesman and he confirmed it was Mariana Blue!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts