UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced black stains from the rubber seals around the windows?

Every time it rains, my white Sandero is full of black streaks which comes off the rubber seals.

As it's white it shows a lot more. I have had the car since June and has always happened when it rains or I wash the car.

Also a bit puzzled how the DRL's work. I know they are on all the time and are not very bright (I have changed the bulbs to brighter ones)

I think it's strange that when you turn on the sidelights, the bulb's switch to the second filament and are dimmer for night driving. I wished that they would stay the same brightness.

Another niggle that I see has been posted here is that the headlight beam reach is pretty dire. It's actually dangerous as on a dark road. Not enough of the road is lit ahead. I have adjusted the beam from inside but it's still no good.

I have not posted much since I have had the car. Just been enjoying it really. Apart from the above small niggles, I am overjoyed with the car so far.

No real problems to report. Getting good MPG from the 1.2 engine which has quietend down now and run in nicely (1,300 miles)

Fitted my own reversing sensors (£8.00 from ebay) I did post basic instructions on here somewhere. They work very well.

Also fitted one of those front facing cameras just in case someone tries to pull an insurance scam! (camera is fitted into a large rear view mirror with monitor)

Again from ebay, about £40

Hope you are all enjoying your new Dacia's and for those that are waiting....It's worth the wait.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
It's quite common to have streaks coming off the rubber seals especially when the sun has had a chance to dry them out a bit. There should be something you can wipe on them to stop it, like an oil or siliconish thing.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
It's quite common to have streaks coming off the rubber seals especially when the sun has had a chance to dry them out a bit. There should be something you can wipe on them to stop it, like an oil or siliconish thing.
I was hanging onto every word there Troute..... until I got to 'siliconish thing'. And now you've plummeted on my 'List of Forum Experts'

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Also a bit puzzled how the DRL's work. I know they are on all the time and are not very bright (I have changed the bulbs to brighter ones)

I think it's strange that when you turn on the sidelights, the bulb's switch to the second filament and are dimmer for night driving. I wished that they would stay the same brightness.
My Mondeo does exactly the same when on sidelights. No idea why, must be an EU regulation or something, else why would they go to the bother of spending extra money making something dim when something else is turned on.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
the drl dimming, is it not to avoid excessive glare and potentially obscuring the indicators? I know it might not affect our models but some cars have the indicator lamps close to the drl and it is an all encompassing EU directive.

is it just me or does anyone else think "Rimmer" when the word directive is mentioned :)

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
is it just me or does anyone else think "Rimmer" when the word directive is mentioned :)

Yep I do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone experienced black stains from the rubber seals around the windows?

Every time it rains, my white Sandero is full of black streaks which comes off the rubber seals.

As it's white it shows a lot more. I have had the car since June and has always happened when it rains or I wash the car.
Yes, and it's very annoying. I've treated all the visible black rubber and it's helped but there's still streaking from the back fixed windows. There's no visible rubber here and I can't see anyway to prevent it.

Any ideas?

duster-streaks.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
hi steff

yes its annoying but there is nothing wrong with the rubber....its normal for it to do this...

the rubber is new....as the rubber gets older and worn and settles down ....it will stop

George is 6 months old now....and the marks are noticeably less than when he was first new....

and they wash off easily....

hope this helps

DM x

·
Registered
52 Posts
DITTO I am having the same problem with black stains from the black rubber and from roof bars.I paid extra to have car Diamond bright polished, so didnt think that the black stains from rubber shouldve happened. I even brought car back and had the Diamond bright re done, but still when it rains this problem occurs.Its very annoying as spoils the look of the car. I would be quite particular, but I begrudge having to wash the car so often, especially when the car itselfs not dirty, its just these black streaks. Our dealer is contacting Dacia about it. Will let you know what they say....I would be interested to know how many people have this problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks mate. But it means with our weather that I'm doing it every other day

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ditto guys and mines white :( worse issues though to worry about

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Got a new works van on Friday, it's white and has black stripes running down off the rubber already. Btw did did you know that Peugeot is an anagram of "pile of shite"?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts