UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the Bridlington meet-up it was suggested we organise a trip to Blackpool when the lights were on. The Briller can't organise it so I am asking for suggestions.

I expect some people would want to come for the day/evening, and some coming from further away might want to stay over. There is a lot to see and do in Blackpool. Parking can be a problem.

http://www.visitblackpool.com/things-to-do/illuminations/

The lights come on by 8pm, and stay on till 10:30pm, later on Friday and Weekends (11pm or midnight).

Its not really the place or the weather for a beach bbq.

I would suggest a meeting place where we can gather and wait for late-comers, and then a drive in Dacia convoy through the illuminations, followed by something to eat. Or perhaps eat first and then convoy later, then day-trippers could drive home at the end of the lights? Anyone wanting to go for a drink or see a show later could do that. An alternative to a convoy through the lights is a tram trip.

Blackpool is famous for Fish and Chips, but there are lots of other restaurants. Any suggestions?

If anyone wants to stay over they can organise their own Hotel or B&B, plenty to choose from. Any suggestions for them?

I'm not looking to "organise" this, just starting off this thread and hoping we can do it between us rather than one person doing it. Can the Dacia collective organise a trip to Blackpool?

So firstly, when is best date/time for people who might want to come?

Then suggested itineraries? Eat, Convoy/tram, night out? Not necessarily in that order.

and finally suggestions of places to stay for those who want to?

What say the Forum?

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Aie,

The Beanz family would love to attend and we plan on staying for the weekend as we have never been to Blackpool and want to explore :D. Any weekend is pretty much okay for us in November :D

Good B&B suggestions would be gratefully received from those in the know :D

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
I am ok for most of October but maybe we should avoid the school holiday week as a) it will be packed and b) the hotel prices might be a touch higher. As far as food goes - it has to be fish and chips!! For shows, Ken Dodd is on for all of October (not sure I am so keen but I hear its a good show). For all that is on in October look at http://www.blackpoolgrand.co.uk/shows.

I would definitely stay over and will have a nosey at hotels. Are we thinking of doing this on a Saturday and staying over Saturday night?

·
Registered
99 Posts
We are off to Blackpool and St Annes next week, we are sad enough to visit quite often, would echo the point Chris makes about parking its quite expensive and not exactly the best quality, as for hotels worth shopping about some really good ones some well ropey ones, I think we have stayed in most of the ropey ones at some time or other :) oh and a word of caution Blackpool has more than its fair share of speed cameras on the routes in and they do work :huh: not sure we want the local police force with lots of photos of shiny new Dacias.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
I think Juju Beanz will be but she is on hols just now and only gives the forum cursory glances as she is busy enjoying sun and sangria!! B)

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Its late in Leeds, they break up on 25th Oct and go back on 4th Nov. Same for Blackpool according to the website.

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
We're coming too please the weekend of 24/25/26/27 is good for us.
Although you may have to add Peugeot to the list welcomed :D

Did someone say Nurse?

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Oh bugger. Don't know how I'm going to get time off for this now :(

Did someone say Nurse?
You should be able to sort something out Juju. They wont want you working 24/7 will they?

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Its my current part time job. I'll be quitting 24th Oct so not sure if they'll give me holiday on a Saturday as I work every Saturday.

I will tey when I get back next week. Can we fix a date please, so I know what to ask for :D

Where is Briller, is he still coming?

Did someone say Nurse?

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Its my current part time job. I'll be quitting 24th Oct so not sure if they'll give me holiday on a Saturday as I work every Saturday.

I will tey when I get back next week. Can we fix a date please, so I know what to ask for :D

Where is Briller, is he still coming?

Did someone say Nurse?
I am ok the weekends of 18th/19th, 26th/27th Oct and 2nd/3rd Nov.

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
I would still be up for it but Blackpool isnt exactly one of my favourite places, it was the Briller's choice and I was hoping him and his family would still come. We might get a few more takers yet though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts