UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my trip this week I found that my SatNav was not charging from the lighter socket. Reported it to the dealer as I couldn't decide whether the socket had a fuse from the symbols on the fuse box cover. Decided today to take out each fuse in turn and the first fuse I removed had blown! Replaced it with the spare and problem cured!

The reason, I think, is the ridiculous pot thing called an ashtray that sits right in the way of the socket. It seems to have caused the plug to go in crooked and short circuit the connection. Moral : chuck the pot in the glovebox!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
On my trip this week I found that my SatNav was not charging from the lighter socket. Reported it to the dealer as I couldn't decide whether the socket had a fuse from the symbols on the fuse box cover. Decided today to take out each fuse in turn and the first fuse I removed had blown! Replaced it with the spare and problem cured!

The reason, I think, is the ridiculous pot thing called an ashtray that sits right in the way of the socket. It seems to have caused the plug to go in crooked and short circuit the connection. Moral : chuck the pot in the glovebox!
SatNav?! I thought with the Duster you get a compass and a map; draw a straight line, point the car and go? ;)

Reactions: Unicoder

·
Registered
4 Posts
Exactly the same happened to our 1 week old Duster, replaced the 15 amp fuse and socket working but now the bluetooth no longer connecting to our i-phone, maybe co incidence but not sure. hopefully will sort later today

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just check settings first just in case you have to remove/delete the device off the radio first. Then re- pair it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering which fuse needs to be replaced. Same thing happened to me a few days ago and I want to fix it this week.

Thanks,

A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts