UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only picked up my Sandero a few days ago, so I'm still toying with the radio.

I had my phone connected by bluetooth and was playing music on the USB.

I changed the media source and it started to play music from my phone. This is cool I thought.

After a couple of songs it dawned on me that I had no music stored on my phone.

It was streaming from (in my case Google play) over 3G.

So be warned if you have your music stored in "The Cloud" You could end up with a large mobile bill :(

I will be working on the settings to make sure I don't do that again!

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Google Play caches the music you play most on your phone, so some of it will be on your phone. Just change the setting at the top-right of the screen under "Listen Now" from "all music" to "on device".

In fact, I don't think the Radio will play music via "USB" unless the file is actually on your phone, so no data used. See if it still works with your phone data turned off.

To play music from the cloud I think you have to select "BT Audio" on the radio and then play the music using your phone settings, which would then be routed via bluetooth to the radio.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Memory stick in the USB is the best way to go.... buy a short stubby one and it won't get in the way.

You can put albums into folders, or like me just have a folder for each artist.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I'm with the network 3. Sim only deal with my iPhone, just under £13 a month with all you can eat data. I use it to stream Internet radio, absolute 90's. get in ;) works a treat on the media nav.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
USB is nifty. I'm looking into the wee tiny Argos one that was listed the other day.

I do think it is a valid warning for anyone. You could get a nasty surprise when your phone bill is due.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts