UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've managed to pair my phone and my wife's (both identical Samsungs) with the car radio. On mine I can't dial a number from the phone book that downloads from the phone. On my wife's the phone book doesn't download but she can dial a number from her call list. Also my son's phone pairs and works great via BT as a phone except he can't get his music to play. Has anyone else observed odd BT behaviour. First time BT users, so user error entirely possible.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Proparch to play music from a paired phone you need to press "Media" button and then select the source.

Best of luck with it, I really enjoy playing from my phone as the radio stations just play tosh.......or I have turned into a grumpy old git.......nah they play tosh........and I'm a grumpy old git. That's it yeah.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers ****. I should have said - son's phone doesn't appear when I press media. I've followed the instructions in the radio manual but all three phones seem to behave slightly differently.

Not getting modern tech - that's what confirms to me that I've joined the ranks of the grumpy old gits (proud of it though :))

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have only tried it with my phone. Perhaps you should try it with one only and see if it works that way first?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
It may be that your sons phone is not connecting as a media device, if it's Android you can choose the connection type in the bluetooth settings for each connection.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
****, Troute,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Make sure you also tick don't ask me again when it wants to down load the phone book, my Android downloads it every time it pairs with the radio when it turns on. It threw me for a bit but no probs with it now as it does it all automatically

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Proparch.

My wife and I have just recently got Samsung galaxy Y phones and had some trouble getting the phone book to load into the bluetooth. We eventually got it to load but the phones i don't think are totally compatable with the Dacia Duster media system renualt software.

There is a full list of phones and Renault media system compatability supplied via the main Renult web site.

Hope this is some help.

billyblue.

Hi all,
I've managed to pair my phone and my wife's (both identical Samsungs) with the car radio. On mine I can't dial a number from the phone book that downloads from the phone. On my wife's the phone book doesn't download but she can dial a number from her call list. Also my son's phone pairs and works great via BT as a phone except he can't get his music to play. Has anyone else observed odd BT behaviour. First time BT users, so user error entirely possible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Galaxy s3 paired up no probs and will happily make and receive phone calls. The quality is pretty good, just didn't know what the ring tone used by the BT unit was! Works as a media player too, just need to sort out the music folders on my phone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts