UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting here waiting for my duster, I have been thinking about a spare wheel and the place for it. If as I understand it, the bodyshells for the 4x2 are different to the 4x4 due to the flat floor and spare wheel well respectively, this seems an unnecessary complication. Surely they could build all the models with the spare wheel well and slightly alter the suspension mountings for the 4x2 models. The reason I say this, is that the spare wheel is safer inside the car protected against theft. The under-slung wheel carrier is a cause for concern, as cars with this type of spare wheel carrier have been known to be a target for thieves. Yes I know the 4X2 only comes with an inflation kit, but most owners realistically will purchase a spare wheel. Anyone with any sense, will chain it in some way!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As I'm again still sitting here waiting, a thought occurred to me again that I didn't think to ask the dealer. Why o why has the 4x2 got a larger load area than the 4x4 model. Is it something to do with the spare wheel well on the 4x4 or is the floor lower on the 4x2. I've only seen the 4x2. The difference is 1636/1636 litres against 1604/1570 litres in the brochure. Can someone shed any light on this, as I'm in the dark!

·
Registered
535 Posts
The 4x4 has the back wheels traction pieces under the car so there are more things in the back. It has the spare wheel space in the trunk and that costs some space also. The 4x2 model, in EU, has the wheel under the car and they don't have the spare wheel compartment in the trunk. That's what I know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Other threads have said you can get the kit to fit the spare under the vehicle for about £350 all in, I shall be asking my dealer for details of this and also seeing if it is available from dacia parts to fit myself.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes you can get the parts to hold up the spare wheel. You have the wheel + the tyre and the hanging unit with does not come as a kit at yet , but you can apparently buy 7 separate parts to make it up . Des

1 - 5 of 5 Posts