UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only me in the car. So the Bonnet lever could not of been caught. however I was doing 75mph (I was rushing as woke up late was trying to get to work, normally only go 55-60 to keep fuel cost down), when all of a sudden my bonnet was flapping... pulled over and my bonnet had popped open.. very concerned about this as it could of been disastrous if it flew open and do not fancy going to the 70mph mark again. Anyone else experienced this? However yet another trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Only me in the car. So the Bonnet lever could not of been caught. however I was doing 75mph (I was rushing as woke up late was trying to get to work, normally only go 55-60 to keep fuel cost down), when all of a sudden my bonnet was flapping... pulled over and my bonnet had popped open.. very concerned about this as it could of been disastrous if it flew open and do not fancy going to the 70mph mark again. Anyone else experienced this? However yet another trip to the dealer.
hope it doesn't happen again and was just a 1 off, the 04 reg Clio shape that my mate had the risk of this(his never did and he drove like a maniac) it was on watchdog if I recall, people driving along and the bonnet wrapping itself around the windscreen at high speed, maybe the bonnet latch is the same on the dacia sandero/stepway/Logan as that Clio.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Are you sure you closed it properly? As Carlos said Renault went down that path a few years ago so you would think they would be the last car maker to have bonnet release issues

1 - 4 of 4 Posts